Whelp the title kinda says it i need exercises with picking hand control.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

thats just it...

I've done that Should i stay slow longer?
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Quote by guitarist10
thats just it...

I've done that Should i stay slow longer?

try to speed up a little at a time. you're not gonna notice much of a difference too quickly...
Sometimes it can take a while before you notice a difference, but once you do, you've caught on, and you'll notice a drastic incline (at least that's how it worked with me)
screw that. just try to pick as fast as possible. doesn't even matter if you're sync'd with your left hand. just pick faster and faster and faster. Eff those scales too. you'll only dig yourself into a ditch if you keep running scales. sure you should know them. but listen to the sound in your head. then just pick up your guitar. plug it in. play as fast as you possibly can pay attention to what's coming out of your amp and compare it to what you want to sound like. eventually technique and precision will catch up with speed. but you certainly wont get anywhere if you continue to play slow
Last edited by sethp at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by sethp
screw that. just try to pick as fast as possible. doesn't even matter if you're sync'd with your left hand. just pick faster and faster and faster. Eff those scales too. you'll only dig yourself into a ditch if you keep running scales. sure you should know them. but listen to the sound in your head. then just pick up your guitar. plug it in. and just picking as fast as you possibly can while listening to what's coming out of your amp. eventually technique and precision will catch up with speed. but you certainly wont get anywhere if you continue to play slow

Do this if you want to develop ****ty technique (I bet Herman Li practiced like this )
Start slow, be patient and slowly speed up. That's how ALL the great guitar players got where they are.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!