hey guys,

ive been searching the web looking for various pedals and other gear for my guitar and was wondering if the metal muff is any good and will it suit most types of metal.

Also what the difference between the micro one and the pocket one?

And how does it compair to the boss metal zone.

thanx guys
i wouldn't know but the metal zone is pretty good you can get all kinds of tones , go with the metal zone.
Ibanez RG120 (EMG 81s)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400
Diezel Herbert w/ Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cab
Boss ME-50
DOD FX40B Equalizer
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR M-133
depends on the amp you're using it with.

ive got one. it's pretty good for the price, but not as great as most guys will have you believe.

i like it best in moderation. and i dont like the boost.

of the two pedals you're asking about i like the MM beter. but best bet would be a good amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i dont have enough for a new amp

would i be better off getting a 6505 with a foot switch?
well there's a huge difference between a 6505 and a MM.

do you have a budget? and what amp are you using now?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

no budget, im just looking for ideas.

ive got a marshall MG15msII (i think thats the one)
Heck, I'd just save for a 6505. Really, the $100 you might drop on the muff puts you that much closer to a used 5150 or 6505.
if you think you can muster up enough funds for a nice used tube amp, and you plan on playing out some time in the future, then yes, save for that amp.

if it's going to take forever for you to save $600 or so, and you arent going to be playing out any time soon, then i suggest you check out a few good amps in the $400 range, and use the mg as a trade, for whatever you can get for it. (if you need suggestions im sure we can come up wt a list)

the MM will make the mg sound better. and if you need that to keep going, then go ahead and get it. but just be carefull, dont collect a cosest full low end stuff.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Save for an amp. No matter how many pedals you throw in front of it, it's a Marshall MG. You're much better of saving for a XXX, 5150, or 6505 if you're into metal.

On it's own, the MM is a good pedal, fairly overrated here, but good.