So i search the bass forum and didn't find any information over this. I was playing my bass for awhile and forearm started getting alittle tired, and i was wondering if there were any excersices that i could do to improve it. so if any of you know of any, a brief description would be nice, thanks.

...and i know one of you out there is going to say masturbate more.
Slap a bass, not a ho.
ummm

masterbate?
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
When you say forearm, do you mean the upper part or the area just above your wrist?

If its by your wrist (palm side), you may be using poor technique and aggregating your tendons, in which case I would check your technique and stop when you feel strain or fatigue.
Lifting weights does the trick.I have to brothers one has a weight set and the other has alot of bass ****(i play guitar) Anyways lifting weights will build strength in your arms and not to forget make you healthier.I mainly use the weights to help my downstrokes and improve speed but it works just as well for bass
I think it's natural to get a little tired, but it's probably bad form if your forearm is getting to the point where your hand starts to really slow down or lock up. The only time mine gets tired is when I'm tapping very quickly with my left hand, case in point I have terrible tapping form and I'm sure that's what causes it.

Adding that to my list of bad habits to break.
Quote by zamok
ummm

masterbate?

You own a Jerzy acoustic bass? I feel your pain. It was my first one until I pulled the frets out of it and give it to my guitar player's brother.

But maybe I'm blind - did we find out which forearm got tired? There's a world of difference between left forearm fatigue and right forearm fatigue.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by zamok
ummm

masterbate?

While your post is funny, and true, I'm going to have to ask you not to mention masturbation as a way to build forearm strength.

I do arm curls with 20lb weights. Just do 50 with each arm every night or so and your set. I had to start doing them again when I began playing upright.
Quote by anarkee
...using poor technique and aggregating your tendons...

...good for rock bass, surely? Only kidding...

Seriously tho', this is an important matter. Are you sure your bass is at a suitable height for your arm length? If you have to strain or stretch, it won't do you any good in the long run.

Due to a bad whiplash injury, and a nasty broken right radius in the last 7 years, I do physio exercises regularly. All I use is rep bands, 1kg weights, and silicon grip balls. None of it is expensive, or hard to get, or use; take my word for it, it will help if you put half an hour a day into it.

Many light repetitions strengthen the muscles, tendons, etc., prevent carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow. I swear it's improved my playing too. Clouds and silver linings etc.
My right arm gets tired after I slap a while.Its that area behind the elbow
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Get some HAND GRIPS!

I'm serious, these thing's are a godsend.

Or if we're talking about your left hand, get a gripmaster!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Last edited by Welsh Guitar at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by FbSa
While your post is funny, and true, I'm going to have to ask you not to mention masturbation as a way to build forearm strength.

I do arm curls with 20lb weights. Just do 50 with each arm every night or so and your set. I had to start doing them again when I began playing upright.

well... EXCUSE ME
(obviously i just said it cause someone had to and i had the first post)

this should do it

its called the "GRIP MASTER" and it actually works for both finger dexterity and forearm strength
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Quote by zamok
well... EXCUSE ME
(obviously i just said it cause someone had to and i had the first post)

this should do it

its called the "GRIP MASTER" and it actually works for both finger dexterity and forearm strength

Those supposedly give carpel tunnel from overuse so be careful if you get one.
Quote by creepingjesus73
...good for rock bass, surely? Only kidding...

Lol, CJ! Many times google spell check does bite me in the butt in a very funny way...
Quote by IndianRockStar
Those supposedly give carpel tunnel from overuse so be careful if you get one.

Oh ****, now everyone tells me?!?!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410