I don't know the band well, but from what I heard all you need to do is turn the volume all the way down...

But seriously, he uses Stingrays from what I understand, and that brands the tone so much, just getting a bass with an active bridge humbucker should pretty much do the trick. There's only one way to get that Stingray/GK tone - with a Stingray and a GK rig.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
and he uses a pick that has a low end tone to most of his music. except for there new album. he uses a pick only in almost easy.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by matosh.lee
and he uses a pick that has a low end tone to most of his music. except for there new album. he uses a pick only in almost easy.

Doesn't a bass usually have a "low end tone?"

But yeah, Fitz pretty much got it, although I thought he used Sterling basses? They're pretty much the same as Stingrays anyway.
Probably is a Sterling. Dude's small and says he has really small hands so that seems to fit.

BTW I laugh and laugh and laugh every time I see a picture of him with his metal scowl...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Charlatan_001
Doesn't a bass usually have a "low end tone?"

But yeah, Fitz pretty much got it, although I thought he used Sterling basses? They're pretty much the same as Stingrays anyway.

it has a low sound for using a pick. thats what im saying. it has the aggression of the pick and stuff but no attack. no little extra brightness like in rancid and anit-flag.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I thought John Christ was the old guitar player from Danzig. Way to come up with an original stage name dude.
Quote by Sly Taco
I thought John Christ was the old guitar player from Danzig. Way to come up with an original stage name dude.

Naw man! This guy's Johnny Christ! *metal scowl*
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I don't get why some bands even feel that it's "metal" to get stage names. It's pretty juvenile...

People who are truly metal don't bother, or have sweet names in the first place like Trey Azagthoth. Even if that isn't his real name (which I doubt it is), then there's no way you can disregard the metalness.
Quote by Charlatan_001
I don't get why some bands even feel that it's "metal" to get stage names. It's pretty juvenile...

People who are truly metal don't bother, or have sweet names in the first place like Trey Azagthoth. Even if that isn't his real name (which I doubt it is), then there's no way you can disregard the metalness.

I'm not an Avenged Sevenfold fan but will stick up for them for the fact that who cares if they have stage names? They're probably just doing it for fun but I suppose nicknames aren't for you mature people!
Quote by Danbo
I'm not an Avenged Sevenfold fan but will stick up for them for the fact that who cares if they have stage names? They're probably just doing it for fun but I suppose nicknames aren't for you mature people!

Some things are just so status quo and by-the-numbers it's pathetic. Having a stage name and a metal scowl (with the name that's already been taken) is just so stale it's pathetic. However, fortunately for them, there are many, many people who just go along with the status quo and love by-the-numbers, such as yourself, so this kinda stuff lingers around.

Who cares if they have stage names? Who cares if they use their real names? It's beyond try-hard. People used to be really against try-hards, but now, people buy into it because their on the radio/tv/in magazines.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 29, 2008,