alright , ive never really modded a guitar to this extent but i want to try and put a whammy on my old acoustic.

might sound dumb but i dont care

what might my first step be

oh yeah,
i have all the tools i need (i think)
and my brothers father in law is a luither so he'd prolly help a but
Quote by PinguinLeader
aint this spam?

Edit:and where is that report button, everytime i wanna use it it is gone

2th edit: and dont even think of sigging that
First thing is you would have to re-enforce the body underneath where you are going to add a new bridge. Because that pressure from the whammy on an acoustic body would not hold up. Probably the easiest thing to do on an acoustic in terms of a whammy would be a floating bridge. you would have to be willing to cut another hole behind the bridge for it to "float" over. then that way you would be able to get possibly a metal plate down underneath to screw into, thus providing some support that you would need.

Not sure if it will work. As I say, I think the support for the whammy will be the biggest issue you will have to deal with.

Good Luck and post pictures if it works, I would love to see it.
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
You won't get anything like a Floyd Rose onto an acoustic - by the time you've gotten enough reinforcement onto the top, you'll barely be able to hear anything.
You could however have a look around and try and fit a Bigsby onto there. I do believe it's been done before.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
I've only seen it implemented on one dude's acoustic guitar. I forget his name.

Like this?

I remember the thread that said picture came from, it was back when I just joined I think.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah, yeah. That one. I think Will_minus and I, or maybe you and I were talking about it.

I was hoping whoever it was would show up with the picture.

EDIT: All three of us were involved! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619089&page=2&pp=20
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9810220&postcount=13
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Jan 29, 2008,
definitely go with the bigsby but do reinforce underneath because the last thing you want it ripping a hole in your guitar when you hit the high notes