A friend of mine has about $400 to spend on a setup, i've told him he should really save, but he's relentless. So i've decided on the Roland Micro Cube amp and about another $25 for a cord and a strap. So around $250 left for guitar. He'll probably play a lot of System of a Down music and music like it, to Sublime. Suggestions are appreciated.
Last edited by LunchBx at Jan 28, 2008,
Dude A Ibanez Or Esp Something Like That
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
lol for $250? He cant afford either of those.

Your choices are extremely limited, my friend. And none of them are good. Id have at least $600 for a guitar and around at least $300 - $400 for an amp. Metal music requires a good guitar and an amp with balls. You can cut corners and use a crappy amp like a Marshall MG 10 watt or something, but it won't even be able to get over the volume of a drum set most likely, and it will sound like crap. And even with the money saved buying a bad amp, he still won't have any money for a good guitar.

Tell him to save.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jan 28, 2008,
Yeah, but he doesn't need a better amp than that one, he's pretty new to guitar (5 months) and he'll mostly just be playing in his house, so he doesn't even need a 30 watt amp.
Quote by LunchBx
Yeah, but he doesn't need a better amp than that one, he's pretty new to guitar (5 months) and he'll mostly just be playing in his house, so he doesn't even need a 30 watt amp.

Fair enough, but even so a good metal guitar for $250 doesn't really exist. There are ones that will be just 'okay' but not good. Try Epiphone, Jackson, Washburn, possibly a low-end Ibanez. Maybe BC Rich if he thinks pointy guitars that don't sound good are cool. lol

Does he want to play new SOAD or old?
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jan 28, 2008,