I've recently tried to fingerpick and am wondering the best way to do it. I know the the PIMA theory and can do that fine, I need to know how to shape my nails or about fingerpicks. I tried my nails but it was easier without nails. So what is the easiest way to play fingerstyle.
I find it's easier to fingerpick without nails, but the nails give it a fuller tone.

As for style, the only thing you can do is practice. Classical is a good genre to play to work on this technique.
have you tried travis picking?
you pretty much just use the chords usually strummed for a song, but instead, do the bass string, then high e, g, then b, and repeat
it sounds nice
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I think finger picking with nails is much easier, but if you accidently break a nail it takes some time to get used to. So fake nails are a good solution. But when I started finger picking I started with Dust in the Wing by Kansas, very simple, the pattern atays the same the whole some and you make 2 chords basically with your left hand. Then you can get into classical or something more complicated. Another song I suggest is Babe i'm gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin. And if you get good Classical Gas by Mason Williams (Eric Clapton made a version too, I prefer his). Good luck.