Poll: Is the Gibson LP worth the 1200.00
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the Gibson LP worth the 1200.00
Yes (plz respond why )
14 32%
No (plz respond why )
30 68%
Voters: 44.
Is the gibson lp studio worth the 1200.00 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

also why and if u do like what color would u get
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
have u played it?

EDIT: to answer your question no, not when there's the esp ec-1000
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by silly6-string
not yet thats what im doing tommorow

then there's really no way for you to be able to tell if it's worth it or not except for the yays and nays of people you don't know
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Depends. If you get a good one, it will sound, play, and be buitl great. you'll have to play a few, so don't get your heart set on one color, as the best playing one may well be a different color than what you were shooting for.
Quote by CJRocker
Depends. If you get a good one, it will sound, play, and be buitl great. you'll have to play a few, so don't get your heart set on one color, as the best playing one may well be a different color than what you were shooting for.

What are theings to look for? I dont buy to many guitars

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string
What are theings to look for? I dont buy to many guitars

How it plays and the sound. Finish quality too. In general, if the fret ends are smooth, you've got a good one.
I love mine. But definitely try it out and see if you really like it. That's what matters most. If you're curious as to how it sounds you can check out the songs in my profile, although I don't have any clean sounds on there. I think on Gibson's website there are some sound clips and even a video if you want to check that out. Have fun trying out guitars.

By the way, mine is Alpine White with gold hardware.
Last edited by guitarfreak414 at Jan 28, 2008,
i have one, wine red... it is awesome, they feel good (not as good as a standard or classic) but they sound damn good, with a new set of pots and pups they sound just as good as standards and classics and stuff... they are great guitars, you just need to know your way around a guitar before you can actually appreciate them
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
personally i like the tone it sounds awesome

buti hate les pauls because of the bridgeh its just there. it doesnt make sense i know but im just used to my strat

but tonewise its worth it. ish. you kinda pay alot for the headstock label

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I would say no. There are so many better options out there.

- Ibanez Prestige + new pickups
- Epi Elitist LP
- Gibson Explorer
- Gibson SG Standard
- ESP Eclipse
- ESP LTD 1000
Have you checked this one out? It's cheaper and has some realy hot pups.
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Electric Guitar.t's a Studio.
I hate the fat neck, and you can get a better guitar tone and feel wise for much cheaper

So no, it is not worth $1,200
I have one and, compared to my other way higher end guitars, it plays and sounds fantastic for the money. I'm very happy with it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
I would rather have an Epiphone Elitist LP...the studio I played, I personally disliked.
High as tits
no..
1) Gibsons are rip-offs anyways...
2) Get an ESP or LTD Eclipse cuz theyre likee the same thing, but the eclipse is way cheaper.
3) Why Gibson? There are so many LP ripoffs that are better values than the Gibosns.. . frikken a.. it kinda pises me off when people think gibsons are the gods of guitars. that is false. they just write out Gibson on the headstock and overprice it. yes thats life.....
Quote by apak
no..
1) Gibsons are rip-offs anyways...
2) Get an ESP or LTD Eclipse cuz theyre likee the same thing, but the eclipse is way cheaper.
3) Why Gibson? There are so many LP ripoffs that are better values than the Gibosns.. . frikken a.. it kinda pises me off when people think gibsons are the gods of guitars. that is false. they just write out Gibson on the headstock and overprice it. yes thats life.....

so what a gibson is a gibson... your not going to get butter smooth cleans, and the singnature lp tone out of an esp eclipse... its a shoddy look alike aimed at metal based players the ltd ec-1000s feel like theyre made of plastic... and they dont play much better than an lp studio, i personally like mine miles better than any ec-400/500/1000 ive ever played
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
i personally like mine miles better than any ec-400/500/1000 ive ever played
But yours is a mid-90's Studio, which were great guitars.

The new Studios though are so horrible it's not even funny.

Quote by Old mike
Have you checked this one out? It's cheaper and has some realy hot pups.
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Electric Guitar.t's a Studio.

There is a reason why they're the same price (or cheaper in some areas): they're just as bad.

Same goes for the Faded series.

People, please take note: if a Gibson Les Paul is cheap, there is a reason for it. It is because it sucks. There is no such thing as a 'good cheap Gibson Les Paul'.
Lots better guitars for $1200.

Get a used '90s studio instead.

Higher quality for a lower price
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by CJRocker
How it plays and the sound. Finish quality too. In general, if the fret ends are smooth, you've got a good one.

what u mena if fret ends are smooth

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Guitars are just a sum of there parts. I wish people would take away the mysticism of certain brands like Gibson.

1200US? not that bad but you could get a pretty decent epi for that. And personally i wouldnt be able to hear the difference...

But if you want a gibson for the sake of having a gibson then get it. You wont be disappointed.
I voted no...

As pretty much most other people have said there are much better things out there for the money.

A top end Epi is probly the way to go...

For the record ive played 2 Les Paul Studios (One extensively as it was a friends) and i honestly cant understand the price tag...

If you really want Gibson on the headstock though...
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Quote by guitarfreak414
By the way, mine is Alpine White with gold hardware.

You lucky. I played that once in a guitar store, and I simply loved it. 999€ was still too much for me, and now they're all gone

It is worth 1200 usd, and maybe a bit more. A great guitar.