some visual, and some hardware changes between the models - all very good though - just read up on the models and pick based on the one that suits your needs cuz thats all that matters

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
studios heavier like in weight and like no binding and stuff and plays like an sg it's pretty good but if you have the money go for standard
^ wrong... studios past 98 are a lot lighter (not heavier)

check ur search bar
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
the standards are nicer, but i think the classics play and sound the best next to customs
... they are all good guitars nonetheless
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Jan 28, 2008,
- Studios use lower grade wood, have lower quality cast hardware, and so on. They're basically a step down in all respects. The same goes for Fades and Vintage Mahogany series. They're really not worth bothering with.
The exception is the mid-90's Studios. These are the same as Standards, just minus binding and with a different (and cheaper to produce) selection of finishes. Those Studios are worth buying, however people have started to grow aware of how good they are, and so now it's hard to get a really good price on one. If you do ever see someone flogging it off cheap though, grab it ASAP.

- A Standard and Classic are essentially the same as each other, just with different pickups, finish and neck options. Quality-wise they're identical though. Both are good guitars.
Last edited by bokuho at Jan 29, 2008,
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by fartripper67
Also what are the differences between the studio/classic/standard????

Ive played several studios over the years and just played my rhythm guitarist new studio and I havent really fallen in love with any of them. My guitarist really loves his new axe though and this guy has a bunch of great axes (mostly a Carvin guy) wishes he would have listened to me years ago lol.

Anyways the standards are the way to go imo...which is actually limited to my little world. I have 2 lps and a couple of sgs and 1 s1 in my small Gibson collection and Im always reaching for my standards.

If you live in an area where you can try out guitars (which is not a luxury for me you should know right away if a guitar is the right one for you.
Even try a Standard faded. Its not too much more than a studio but they are quite a bit lower price than the classic and the regualr standard. The only difference is the finish. And dont listen to the guy who says they are garbage. There not. I have one and couldnt be happier. Great tone, great sutain and it is just a beautiful guitar.
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
I just bought a Les Paul Studio. So far I see nothing valid amoung the critisizms leveled against it.
Quote by FacingUsAll

thank you for making me feel financially inadequate... although that was probably the most gorgeous finish I have ever seen

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
My favorite LP would have to be the Classic. It was built solid as a freaking rock, and it's about $500USD cheaper than the Standard.

Also, the pickups are effing HOT! Gibson 496R and 500T. They're unreal.
Quote by stradivari310
thank you for making me feel financially inadequate... although that was probably the most gorgeous finish I have ever seen

They are cheaper than most Gibson Les Pauls...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.