Link

Does anyone here have this? If so, how does it sound? Any major concerns about the amp, speaker, etc?

Also, if this amp is (in your opinion) crap, what would you recommend around the same price?

Thanks.
No, not my first bass amp. I "inherited" a Behringer 60w, which is just not cutting it. It might make a decent keyboard amp, but it just doesn't have the headroom to compete with a pair of distorted 75w guitar amps.

Income tax return is on its way, and I'm planning ahead.

EDIT: Do you mean this half-stack?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
They have very dodgy speakers and overall they're not very good. For a little more you can get this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-15180-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=485037

By the way, is this a first amp?

I thought it was a great deal, since it had a good amount of wattage to work in a band situation...
And Ashdown bass amps aren't really available where I live.

So my bassist got that.

What would be a good speaker upgrade?
Hmm, threadstarter I would recommend not buying a bass amp right now. It seems your buying an amp for the sake of buying an amp and not buying a high quality amp which you should be. Nothing in the $300 range is really going to cut it as a second amp.

As for a new speaker, I don't know.
Oh, you wanted a response... I really didn't gather that... anyway, yeah it's better than the 112. It's still a GK though The speakers, by the way, are identical except 2" less in diameter. They're still the same unreliable speakers that everyone has been harping about.
They are, for most. I'm just one of the haters. There's a few of us kicking around, but in general they're pretty well accepted. I just don't like their tone, but can't fault their reliability or the ability to possibly emit a worthy tone. Like Ampeg.
Quote by Wicked_Bassist7
i don't know, i own a gk halfstack and it pwns noobs fo sho

if your half stack is a backline, your definition of "pwning noobs fo sho" is a bit off.

GK regularly = very nice (even backline heads, pretty decent)
GK Backline = meh, cabs are particularly crap.

I love my GK head, currently. I hated my GK backline.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
They are, for most. I'm just one of the haters. There's a few of us kicking around, but in general they're pretty well accepted. I just don't like their tone, but can't fault their reliability or the ability to possibly emit a worthy tone. Like Ampeg.

Forsaknazrael, you'll have people like him . He hates everything but Carvin. Every bassist is partial to a certain brand, though, in Jazzy's defense. I'm partial to Ampeg; I own an SVT Classic and it gives me everything I want and more. It's all preference. With high-quality brands, you're getting something good no matter what brand you go with. It's all what you like more.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Gotcha, I mean, I'm not expecting some kind of uber pro rig or anything. It only cost my bassist 300.

If we really get some money rolling in regularly from gigs, I'm sure he'll upgrade to something monstrous like an Ampeg SVT, or maybe a Mesa Boogie Titan. I saw this ****ty ska band who had a bassist with a Titan and a Music Man Stingray, and they sucked, but their bassist was damn good, and he sounded great.
i played that half stack up there in GC and it sounded pretty good but it overheated and some little "feature" kept turning it off when it got too hot. After like 10 minutes it was happening every 30 seconds.

btw you should GO USED!!!!!
I got my 220 watt 4x10 Crate Stack for $250 on Ebay
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Last edited by KevnTone at Jan 30, 2008,