Hey,
I've been playing for maybe about 2-3 months now, but up until this point most of what I've learned has been mainly Chords, Scales, theory, etc. I can play through scales fairly well, while alternate picking, and my chord changes aren't bad at all. What I think I'm missing is a good repertoire. So, I was hoping some people here could recommend some decent beginner songs for a budding guitarist. I really love playing guitar, and I'm trying to teach myself to play as best I can, but it would be nice to have some help every now and then
there's nothing i'd recommend more than play the music of your favorite artists. because when you start making your own music, your favorite musicians will actually have an influence on your playing and your own material and you will love what you play.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
I listen to a lot of Metal ... And I'm not gonna try to specify because when I say a lot I mean a very wide spectrum. But I'm not completely narrow, so I do branch out and listen to a lot of other stuff as well(no rap or hip-hop) . I love music that's good and pure.
Well i you're into them, I suggest learning some Blink-182. Catchy, simple riffs =)
learn some megadeth. its great for beginners because its not crappy music and its a good enough challenge for beginners.
Originally posted by ICBMoscow
Hey I have a question... Iron Maiden is Considered metal right?
If you fancy a bit of a challenge, try the rhythm section of Metallica's "Seek and Destroy"

I find this song to be a pretty good warmup track, uses a good mix of palm muting, alternate picking, scales, it uses most of the fretboard up to the 12th fret, has some hammers and pulls and has a nice little change of tempo for the solo.