Perhaps? This is just an idea I got whilst looking at some dude's blog. (I forget his name Sorry dude in question). Wouldn't a magazine by some of the most literate UGers read a whole lot better than. for example, Rolling Stone or NME? Wouldn't it? Wouldn't it NOT read like biased, conformist hack work? Hmm? Yeah? It would basically be the better columns and reviews on the site placed in a coherent sort of framework.

This is just a hypothetical idea, I have no intent of starting a magazine because I don't own a printing press or whatever they use these days, but you can all shoot the idea down in a lighthearted manner for a few pages.

G'wan!
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I doubt anyone would take the time to put it together.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
I doubt anyone would take the time to put it together.

HYPO

Thetical.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
an eZine maybe, but a full scale magazine would be impossible for UG to produce.

Considering the site is based somewhere in Russia (I think...), and it has viewers around the globe, it'd be really expensive for small private owners to produce a magazine on a global scale....

but an eZine in .pdf format, possibly with a zip file containing example mp3s and such, or something like that would definitely be cool I guess...

like the above guy though, I don't see anybody making one anytime soon either though unfortunately...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I'd like to repeat for one last time that this is hypothetical. Talk about the crap that would go into it, who would contribute this and that, etc.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
i agree with firequacker
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
She has a pussy so she shall be banged.

Smile, enjoy, live...you only get to do it once.
Actually, alot of UGers go with the trends (ie. MG and Spider hating). If you could find ones with honest opinions that weren't influenced by other people, then it would be awesome.
NEW!!! Peavey 6505 (XXX Cab too )
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez Destroyer with EMG-81 and 85
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 112
Roland Cube 20X
We'd probably divide into sections much like the forums here are, with sections concerning Gear, Theory, News, Songs+Music, etc.

It could pretty much be a highly compressed form of UG. You could put stickies in each forum, so people can post ideas for the weekly/monthly magazine, and then have them approved and written in.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I'd like to see a Pit section.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Well, 'zines' are internet magazines. Whyever not?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
the main website is basically an e-zine. it has news articles, reviews, lessons etc just like music/guitar zines.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by crazynickman

Yeah, with Demotivational- and LOLCAT-"Picture of the Week" and reports about the recent LOLWUTPEAR sightings
Ha

It would be like

"ThIs JuSt In: ZePpLiN StIlL RULZ!!!! LOLOLOL"
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
does anyone else REALLY hate the word zine?

I despise it. That's why I used it in the title.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman

metal hammer would sue you. they have a section called "the pit" in their magazine.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by divid3d
the main website is basically an e-zine. it has news articles, reviews, lessons etc just like music/guitar zines.

That's what I was about to say.

you want a magazine/e-zine- that would esentially just contain what was on the site already? I know it was only a hypotheical suggestion but what point would it serve in this hypothetic world?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
That's what I was about to say.

you want a magazine/e-zine- that would esentially just contain what was on the site already? I know it was only a hypotheical suggestion but what point would it serve in this hypothetic world?

I was thinking of what UGers, specifically forum-goers, would write about. Basically the forums in magazine form. So stuff about S&L, a Pit, a page for each genre, etc.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~