What do you guys think of the new guns n roses? Supposedly the infamous Chinese Democracy has been handed in but they are waiting on the label and stuff. So whats your guys take on the whole situation? Axl should've changed the name a long time ago and started a new , he lost a lot of respect from me. I mean its basically a cover band now.....
Quote by exect4500
ya its just axl and some guys he hired

true
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I hate hate hate new GNR.

Seriously, go find any live recording of them. They sound really reggae. Bumblefoot and Robin basically ruined what little good they had in their cover of Knockin' on Heaven's door, and Welcome to the Jungle sounds like Welcome to the Gay Bar.

I agree. Axl just needs to stop Guns. It's not even truly Guns and Roses anymore. They lost their L.A. Guns member (Izzy) and their Hollywood Roses member (Slash). Slash, Izzy and Steven are Guns. They are the sound behind the band. Axl may have his screaming vocals, but once both Steven and Izzy were gone, GNR was no more.

Just read Slash's biography, he has the same view on it.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by cjblack532
I hate hate hate new GNR.

Seriously, go find any live recording of them. They sound really reggae. Bumblefoot and Robin basically ruined what little good they had in their cover of Knockin' on Heaven's door, and Welcome to the Jungle sounds like Welcome to the Gay Bar.

I agree. Axl just needs to stop Guns. It's not even truly Guns and Roses anymore. They lost their L.A. Guns member (Izzy) and their Hollywood Roses member (Slash). Slash, Izzy and Steven are Guns. They are the sound behind the band. Axl may have his screaming vocals, but once both Steven and Izzy were gone, GNR was no more.

Just read Slash's biography, he has the same view on it.

Hey hey man, show the Duff some love. After reading Slash's book, I think Duff is probably the only bassist I really like as a person and for what he does musically.

Also new GNR is alright. When I saw them they were really really good. But these new songs I've heard aren't really in the same style as either AFD or UYI and the only new song I kind of like is IRS.
Quote by soulflyV
Hey hey man, show the Duff some love. After reading Slash's book, I think Duff is probably the only bassist I really like as a person and for what he does musically.

Also new GNR is alright. When I saw them they were really really good. But these new songs I've heard aren't really in the same style as either AFD or UYI and the only new song I kind of like is IRS.

I never said Duff was bad, I have never really heard his basswork, so I can't really say anything about him musically. I have read the book, and I agree with you. Duff is a really cool person. Hell, in the beginning, Axl was a cool person, bailing Slash out a bunch of times.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by cjblack532
I never said Duff was bad, I have never really heard his basswork, so I can't really say anything about him musically. I have read the book, and I agree with you. Duff is a really cool person. Hell, in the beginning, Axl was a cool person, bailing Slash out a bunch of times.

Hell yeah, and I think Izzy was badass pretty much the whole time too, although Steven came across as a prick. But yeah you didn't mention Duff in your first post so I thought you were hatin' on Duff.
velvet revolver > new g'n'r
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
It will never be released. The expectations are way to high for this album since its been in the works for like 15 years, however, all signs point to it being a blunder. Axl simply won't release it out of the fear of it like selling 10,000 copies in the first month and completely failing.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by DZCunuck
It will never be released. The expectations are way to high for this album since its been in the works for like 15 years, however, all signs point to it being a blunder. Axl simply won't release it out of the fear of it like selling 10,000 copies in the first month and completely failing.

It would be a complete failure if it wasn't released. Even if they release it, the hype around it will sell a lot of albums, and the record company would have to sell it to try and make some money back from it, so that it isn't a complete loss.
man without slash and izzy

its just not really guns n roses anymore.

p.s. velvet revolver also sucks BIG dick. but that might change because the tool from stone temple pilots is leaving velvet revolver
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
velvet revolver > new g'n'r

Velvet is decent but the singer is just awful.
Quote by cjblack532
and Welcome to the Jungle sounds like Welcome to the Gay Bar.

lol, awesome quote. I completely agree though, and I lost respect for Axl long before he did all this rediculous stuff. I love Slash's style of guitar vs. Bucketheads. Buckethead is talented but he makes guitar sound like a video game if you ask me.

Anyways, make some new music Axl and stop coasting off of things that other people (cough slash and other former members of G&R) made you famous for.
Without Izzy's backbone rhythm playing and Slash's tasty riffs and licks, GNR will never be the same again. Slash and Axl don't get on at all thus making a 100% comeback nearly impossible. When Buckethead joined it gave a whole new look to GNR. Thats now weared off and GNR are at the worst they've ever been.
Izzy re-joined the band did he not? or has he left again?
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by Naem
Velvet is decent but the singer is just awful.

+1

the singer is the only reason i dont like Velvet Revolver...
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by big-T
Izzy re-joined the band did he not? or has he left again?

No, he was on tour with GnR, and played a couple of songs with them.
But to whoever expects anything to happen with a GnR album this year... don't hold your breath.
New Guns N' Roses rock. People won't give em a chance because Slash isn't in the band.

The demos from new GNR are better than anything VR has done, and I'm a big fan of both bands.

And Axl still has a great voice.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I saw the new (current?) line up of Guns N' Roses in 2006 when they were touring. They had 3 guitarists who were all pretty good. It was quite an impressive gig actually.

Chinese Democracy will be released, why the hell would Axl spend all this time on it and not release it? Thats what I believe

Same gets boring. If GN'R had the same line up as they did back in '87, people would be getting bored of them. Yes their current line up may not be as good, but its a drastic change that may turn out to be rather good.
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid