G'day,

I am tossing up between getting an Epiphone Triggerman 60 or a Vox AD50VT. I am leaning more to the latter.

I have never had a decent amp before (I'm 40) and with a second child on the way am not exactly flush with cash. The two amps I've mentioned seem to be pretty good value for money. Any tips which one might be the better buy?

Cheers,
Harry
I have no experience with either but while I know nothing of the Epiphone I've heard only good things of the Vox.
i agree with him.

but still...
marshall would be good..
a cheap one at least?
Quote by uvq
i agree with him.

but still...
marshall would be good..
a cheap one at least?

No it wouldnt, the only marshall in his price range is the MG, which is just an oversized crappy practice amp. Don't bother with it.

I'd say go for the Vox. I've never tried the Epi, but the vox is a s superb versatile amp that would quite easily satisy you.
^go to school.

hmmm. like $300? hm... well, my friend has the triggerman. er. he 'had' it. and it wasn't too great. the vox is okay, but not up my alley. what do you want to get out of your new amp?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The Vox is definitely good value for money, and will put out a lot of different sounds.

Personally, I prefer an amp which does one or two great sounds instead of dozens of good/decent ones. Seeing as you are a beginner (it seems like it, at least) you might not know what kind of sound you're really going for: versatility is better.
Do you know what music you want to play?

I like the Vox more than the Triggerman.

Quote by uvq
i agree with him.

but still...
marshall would be good..
a cheap one at least?

No it wouldn't.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by beckyjc
No it wouldnt, the only marshall in his price range is the MG, which is just an oversized crappy practice amp. Don't bother with it.

I'd say go for the Vox. I've never tried the Epi, but the vox is a s superb versatile amp that would quite easily satisy you.

Cheers, thanks...

I think I have a pretty big thumbs up for the Vox...

Apparantly though it is only 15 watt but the fact that it has a valve or two makes it different to a non valve unit. I would be using the amp to play in a rehearsal room with a drummer, bassist and keyboardist... no gigs...

Thanks again,
Harry
The valve makes no difference, it (Vox) still sounds like a solid-state amp. Also check Peavey Transtubes and Roland Cubes. You know there are several 5watt tube combos for $200 USD?