I don't think I do, when you say "and" that just means 5 total of those right, not 5 of each....

I get maybe 1 , 2.5 on a good day but thanks for bringing it to my attention
Quote by flambe chicken
I don't.

ima tell your school
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Just so you know, because of Fruits and greens, being harvested before they've fully matured 5 Fruits a day is no longer enough. The fruits don't contain the same ammount of vitamins anymore.
i don't. i really need to increase my fruit and veg intake.

for everyone's info:

What is a portion?

A portion is about 80g of fruit or vegetables. This is roughly equal to:

* an apple, orange, banana, or similarly-sized fruit
* two plums, nectarines or similarly-sized fruit
* a handful or grapes or berries
* a slice of melon, pineapple or large fruit
* one tablespoon of raisins or other dried fruit

Two serving spoons of broccoli counts as a portion of vegetables.
* two serving spoons of cooked vegetables, e.g. broccoli or carrots
* a dessert bowl of salad
* two serving spoons of beans and pulses (only one portion per day)
* a 150ml glass of fresh fruit juice or smoothie (only one portion per day)

Beans, pulses can only count towards one portion a day. This is because they are high in fibre but don’t contain the same balance of nutrients as other fruit and vegetables.

Fruit juice can also only count towards one portion a day. This is because they are high in nutrients but low in fibre. And extracting the juice releases sugars which are bad for your teeth.

Mushrooms can also count towards your portions. But try not to fry them in lots of oil as they will readily soak it up.

Do all fruit and vegetables count?

Dried or tinned fruit, and tinned or frozen vegetables can all count towards your daily portions. But try to eat tinned fruit kept in natural fruit juice rather than syrup. And check the salt content of tinned foods, as it can sometimes be high.

The fruit and vegetables in ready meals or takeaways can also count towards your portions. But these foods are often high in fat and added salt and sugar, so try to eat them in moderation.

Potatoes are nutritious but are classified as starchy foods, so for these purposes, don’t count towards your portions. And chips certainly don’t count either!

and there is more info here: http://www.5aday.nhs.uk/
from daylight...
...into darkness
I get most of it through Naked Juice, cuz god knows the sh!tty hall food is as nutritious as eating cardboard.
I normally have a piece of fruit a day just for a snack and veges with dinner.

Don't know if thats "5 portions" but it sounds good enough for me.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by divid3d
i don't. i really need to increase my fruit and veg intake.

for everyone's info:

and there is more info here: http://www.5aday.nhs.uk/

cheers for that. what would my breakfast count be?

2 x weetabix with some honey
tablespoon dried pineapples, cranberrys, rasins, almonds, sultanas
large glass orange juice

one or two?
Of course not. About 2, on average.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Of course not. About 2, on average.

well life expectancy in Liverpool is mid 60s so thats in keeping.
Quote by Raaaaar
well life expectancy in Liverpool is mid 60s so thats in keeping.

And keeping that in mind, I eat more fruit and veg than other food types.

So mine's probably lower.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Raaaaar
cheers for that. what would my breakfast count be?

2 x weetabix with some honey
tablespoon dried pineapples, cranberrys, rasins, almonds, sultanas
large glass orange juice

one or two?

a tablespoon of each of those dried fruits, or one tablespoon of them all together?

you'd get 1 for the orange juice alone, then more depending on how much dried fruit you're eating.
from daylight...
...into darkness
I've just eaten a whole banana. Have I beaten the system?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by flambe chicken
I don't.

+1

I get about 2 fruit and 4 veg.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by divid3d
a tablespoon of each of those dried fruits, or one tablespoon of them all together?

you'd get 1 for the orange juice alone, then more depending on how much dried fruit you're eating.

yeah it was about 3 tablespoons i like dried fruit better than other fruit which is bad cos i wont get the minerals and the fibre. that sucks that potatoes dont count (or parsnips Mmmmm)
Quote by seljer
i ate a bunch of mandarins yesterday

Mandarins grow in bunches now?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Mandarins grow in bunches now?

they grow in China you scouse thicko

Anyway are you skiving off school or on benefits?
Quote by Raaaaar
they grow in China you scouse thicko

Anyway are you skiving off school or on benefits?

haha...

No, I've got no lessons until third, and it's in a different school that takes 5 minutes to get to.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
haha...

No, I've got no lessons until third, and it's in a different school that takes 5 minutes to get to.

fair dos. stay away from guns kid.
Yeah I eat a vegan every now and then.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I ate half a packet of starburst, does that count? :P tbh, i can't stand the way people go on about it (just like this whole carbon foot print climate change global warming bollocks). I don't actually like vegetables much, fruit's ok but i'd rather have my e numbers :P I feel fine, and im not dead yet so i dont see why you need them; after all, vegetarians live without meat and people don't complain about that much.
Quote by LordMortis
I ate half a packet of starburst, does that count? :P tbh, i can't stand the way people go on about it (just like this whole carbon foot print climate change global warming bollocks). I don't actually like vegetables much, fruit's ok but i'd rather have my e numbers :P I feel fine, and im not dead yet so i dont see why you need them; after all, vegetarians live without meat and people don't complain about that much.

I sure hope veggies don't catch onto that statement.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jan 29, 2008,
I don't.

I drink a glass of fruit juice every morning.
Have an orange or two during the day.
Have a few slices of pineapple.
Maybe have a few vegetables in a veg lunch/dinner.

Thats pretty much it.
I broccoli.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.