Hey guys, I have been trying to learn music theory for quite a while now, but it just doesn't seem to want to stick. I have poured over all the tutorials in the lessons section of the site to no avail. My question is, can anyone recommend a good music theory book? I figure I will just buy a book that I can sit and read anywhere. So, any books you guys may have used, or some that seem to be universally hailed as solid guides?
well...

you could go to a college bookstore and buy one?
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I was looking into buying a general music theory book a while back and settled on this one http://www.amazon.com/Theory-Harmony-Contemporary-Musician-Arnie/dp/0825614996/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201670139&sr=1-1 .
I am about halfway through it and pretty happy with it. I think the lesson are fairly concise and the end of lesson review questions are helpful.
That said though, I found that I really understand some topics when I learn about them from multiple sources. So maybe you shouldn't quest for a be all end all book, but rather a few solid resources from which to learn.