Page 1 of 2
Bit of a rant, just thought I'd warn you...

I start back at school tomorrow after leaving in April this year and to tell you the truth, I'm a little nervous about it for a number of reasons, one being that we go on retreat for 3 days out of town which is a big thing.

So to (Try to) make a 'good impression' on everyone I thought I'd have a shave and whatnot to look a bit more presentable (Or 'handsome' as my Nonna would say, bless her) and right at the last minute this afternoon just before all the hairdressers in town closed I thought I'd get a hair cut.

I went into the usual place where I get it done and talked to the girl there (She's really pretty too, that's one of the reasons I get my hair cut there, lol ) about fitting me in on such short notice, but there would be no appointments until Friday morning, which wouldn't suit because I wouldn't be here. So I left there and went into the barber's across the street from there where you don't need an appointment and sat down.

Now I just wanted my hair 'Neatened up a little around the sides and back, not too much of the length though', and those are THE EXACT WORDS I USED WHEN I TOLD THE STUPID WOMAN WHAT I WANTED DONE. 5 minutes later she's cut my hair and I don't know how she got the words:

'I'll pay you $15 for you to cut my hair so that it looks like you've sat a bowl upside down on my head and trimmed around it with some craft scissors'
out of
'Neatened up a little around the sides and back, not too much of the length though'.

So my hair looks ****ing ridiculous right now and it's less than 12 hours until I leave for school and I have no way of getting anyone to fix it up for me because she cut it WAY too short and crappy and now I'm gonna look like a 4 year old tomorrow.

So much for trying to look good and making an impression...
Oh man... that's happened to me before.

Wear a hat, I guess.

Can you post a picture? I'm sure we can think of something.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
This is why you go to nice expensive places. You should've waited, maybe gotten a girlie friend of yours to trim it for you.
But sorry, I know how bad it feels when you have a horrible haircut. Happens to everyone.
♥xx♥

'I start back at school tomorrow after leaving in April this year'

I dont follow, are you starting at a new school?

Dont worry dude. Try not to say anything stupid or act like you know everything/are the **** and you should be fine.

I start tomorrow again also & i got my haircut today too
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
Last edited by jimmmypage#1 at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist
Can you post a picture? I'm sure we can think of something.

Sorry, I haven't got a camera, or I would.

Maybe I can find a picture of a similar haircut on the net an post it...

EDIT: Heck, this is pretty close to what it looks like (Not me, random Google image)

Last edited by pAmpH at Jan 29, 2008,
horrible haircuts suck. I had grown my hair for about 3 years, without a problem. Until I got my sister to give it a trim, neaten it up, throw in some layers. Things go fine, until she says: "Ben, get the clippers..."

Bitch cut a huge chunk out the back of my head. I WAS GOING OFF TO UNI THE NEXT BLOODY DAY FOR THE FIRST TIME. I lost my hair
Yeah, wear a hat as someone else already suggested.

Or you could go to school with it tomorrow and just shave it off completely when you get back home that day. At least that way it won't look ridiculous. Just shave it so it's all level, doesn't have to be skin bald or a very close shave.
Damn, i'm in a similar situation. Got my haircut a few days ago, told the hairdresser "just a little bit off", so obviously I must've meant "cut half the hair off my head". Meh, i'm just wearing a hat for the rest of the week.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Pics or it didn't happen!

But seriously, if you dislike the hair dresser, spread the word. I'm sure the barber that you like across the street will be more that happy to make them look bad.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
happend to me...I wore a bandana for 1 month before my hair normalized a bit :S
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by pAmpH

EDIT: Heck, this is pretty close to what it looks like (Not me, random Google image)

Oh my god... with the shaved bits above the ears?

Well, you could try parting it at one side- so you've got a side fringe and loads of hair on one side, and the other side is shaved. A lot of people do that... It might not be your style, but it's probably better than that.

I'll keep thinking.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Thats why you should never get hair cuts

Might as as well bust out the buzzer and buzz it down man.. it'll look better then the shemp cut
Quote by pAmpH

i swear that used to be the fashion in the early 90s flock of seagulls with an undercut. i used to dawn this ****e
Quote by rabidguitarist
Oh my god... with the shaved bits above the ears?

Well, you could try parting it at one side- so you've got a side fringe and loads of hair on one side, and the other side is shaved. A lot of people do that... It might not be your style, but it's probably better than that.

I'll keep thinking.

Yeah, but not quite as high, only a little bit above the ears.

Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll think of something in the morning I guess

Quote by Silky Smooth
Thats why you should never get hair cuts

Might as as well bust out the buzzer and buzz it down man.. it'll look better then the shemp cut

I don't look very good with buzzed hair... Although it's a suggestion I'm considering right now
i've learnt that you have to be specific in millimeters, but seriosuly just shave it and leave it a little short and who knows, you might look better!
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Not always...

if you care for your hair pretty well you won't get many. Instead of a "cut" per say a very tiny trim on the ends works good for long hair, I do that about every month. Though I don't know if it makes any difference.
wait a second... that picture looks VERY mohawkable...

Quote by Silky Smooth
Not always...

if you care for your hair pretty well you won't get many. Instead of a "cut" per say a very tiny trim on the ends works good for long hair, I do that about every month. Though I don't know if it makes any difference.

I did kinda mean trim, I was just dying for a piss when I was writing the post, lol
Quote by pAmpH
Yeah, but not quite as high, only a little bit above the ears.

Thanks for the suggestion too, I'll think of something in the morning I guess

I don't look very good with buzzed hair... Although it's a suggestion I'm considering right now

Might as well man it'll grow back evenly at least

Or you could wear one of those hats Satch wears after you buzz your head haha
Wait- is it an undercut?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
time to get the head shaved soldier. It feels good if you've never had it done before
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
dude just shave it kerry king style

Kerry King is bald, not shaved.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
I have no way of shaving it off now though, it's 10 at night and I don't even know of anyone who owns clippers.

Rabid- No it's not an undercut.
no clippers of any kind in the house? Even a beard trimmer with the longest guard on it would work.
Dude, mohawk, do it.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Quote by iwishiwasafish
Dude, mohawk, do it.

Good idea. +1
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
phil anselmo vulgar display of power days would look pretty cool. but if u dont have clippers hmm thats a tough one mabye just like cut the top reallllly short with scissors?
skipp school? say you are sick or whatever, and then instead of going to school, go to the pretty barber and do a mohawk! Thats cool!
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
Quote by Svea_Trollblod
skipp school? say you are sick or whatever, and then instead of going to school, go to the pretty barber and do a mohawk! Thats cool!

I've thought about skipping school, but it's a fairly important thing going on the retreat and I can't/don't really want to miss it.
Theres your icebreaker man. Now you can make fun of yourself a little bit and can tell the other people what happened. Turn it to your advantage by not taking yourself too seriously.

Or a mohawk....
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by pAmpH
I've thought about skipping school, but it's a fairly important thing going on the retreat and I can't/don't really want to miss it.

Then tell the others what happend and laugh about it, what is a retreat?
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
Who knows. Maybe it's just because I'm a little nervous about going back that I'm so worried about it (Not that THAT haircut isn't anything to worry about) but yeah.

I'll be right, maybe I'll start a new trend at school

(I doubt it )
Page 1 of 2