yes well, my bandmate (zac, the bassist) and i decided that instead of getting a job, we're gonna start busking in our local area after we saw these two old guys playing guitars and they had like $80 in their cases.

I already have an acoustic so im covered, but zac doesn't hav an acoustic bass... how much would we pay for a really low-grade acoustic bass?

cheers
You probably won't find a cheap one unless it's second hand.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
You're not going to get a good acoustic bass for less than a Tacoma Thunderchief. They cost quite a few hundred. All other acoustic bases below that price don't have the acoustic volume necessary.

EDIT: Then again, Fitz has discovered Olympia, but I won't settle for anything less than a Warwick Alien Stage.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Jan 29, 2008,
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
lol i dont want a job... and this would be much easier/better coz i get to do what i love.
i'm only 14 but my band needs better recording equipment so i need some money.
I have a hondo acoustic bass. I bought it from a random dude in a small town. Ive seen them all over ebay though. its one of the cheapest Ive seen, and I paid over three hundred for mine. for some reason, acoustic basses arent cheap. you can get a half decent acoustic guitar for about a hundred, but when it comes to bass, if you dont get a job, you probably arent going to be able to afford one.

think about this: hardly anyone in the world WANTS a job. 95% or more of the population would rather just sit at home. but the cold hard reality is that you HAVE to get some kind of income generated. A job is not a means to an end, but a means to a beginning. consider that if your bandmates all got jobs, and spent your first few paychecks on equipment, you could get a nicer acoustic guitar, a nice bass, and kick-ass recording equipment, as opposed to not getting a job, and having to deal with ****ty equipment all around (would you rather have a diamond necklace or a pile of dog ****?) I work 50 to 60 hours a week, and I hate my job, but I need to do it. and as a result, 2 guitars I have wanted all my life are sitting in the basement right now. get a job. you will be glad you did.
If you want to get really cheap you could always just make one.

BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
u little scum. when i was 13 i worked hard every weekend to buy guitar, amp, processor and stuff like that. how come you dont want a job?
Can he play guitar at all? If so busk with 2 acoustic guitars... or just busk on your own or if you have a drummer who has some bongos busk with him instead. Not sure if it's just me but I can't say I've seen many buskers playing bass
The on above (6th post or something) ,
just visit two cities and you have earned it back!!
That is if you guys are good...
can any of you sing??
If so you might do some metallica acoustic covers or something!
Quote by mightycreep
u little scum. when i was 13 i worked hard every weekend to buy guitar, amp, processor and stuff like that. how come you dont want a job?

No one wants to bust their ass when their young

I sure as hell wouldn't and didn't! You've got your whole life to work 8 hours a day. Might as well enjoy it while you can
He said he was 14. He can't even get a job for one more year guys.
Quote by mightycreep

Dude its illegal for me to have a job right now....
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
Dude its illegal for me to have a job right now....

What ever happened to doing odd jobs for people? Or a paper route?

I raked so many damn leaves and mowed too many lawns when I was 13 for my first electric guitar. Yes, its a bitch but it worked.

Busking at 14 has some issues. Many cities consider busking illegal for minors and it can have some safety issues. While I'm considering the street musician route myself, frankly I wouldn't recommend someone younger than 18 taking this route, esp. in a major city.
Quote by mightycreep

Why all the hate, and why the bad typing?

But anyway, it's hard to get a good cheap acoustic bass. If I were you, I would just do what you can and then get a job when you are old enough.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
if you won't get a job, leach as much as you can from your parents, then put all your money in to get one. THEN if you're still short, start trying to get some cashflow from playing with just acoustic guitars.

when the school administrators were busy one time me and 2 friends made 60 bucks in less than an hour but make sure you don't get caught, because I think it violates a law or something... forgot what it's called panhandling or something of the sort. OR IS IT BUSKING?
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
Last edited by AccidentsHappen at Feb 3, 2008,
Well, you're not gonna find a decent acoustic bass for any less than this anyway, so here .

EDIT: Alternatively, you can buy a regular Roland Micro Cube for $125, but it's a guitar amp. It distorts at the first sign of volume when you shove in a bass, but I'd say it can handle a bass half-decently, assuming he's ok with being completely drowned out...
Last edited by grampastumpy at Feb 3, 2008,