I am going to buy a new amp pretty soon. I played one the Spider Valve 112 yesterday and thought it was ****ing awesome. I have agreed on a price of £400 with the guy in the store. Bearing in mind this amp is brand new is that a good deal?

Im hoping to get a few extra bits like a lead, set of strings and some picks free. What do you think? Am I being ripped off?
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
yeah, quite a good deal considering you get some other stuff with it. they usually go for 450-550 pounds
Well if you like it, go for it. However, I'd really recommend you try some true tube amps, just to make sure. Most kinds of Spiders aren't well seen around here.

What kind of music do you play?
Although I havent tried the spider valve, alot of people are saying its not too bad, especially when compared to the non-valve spiders. For the price it isnt a bad deal, but ask yourself if you really need that many different settings and extra stuff, because if you dont then a normal pure tube amp will probably be a better choice.
Quote by webbtje
Well if you like it, go for it. However, I'd really recommend you try some true tube amps, just to make sure. Most kinds of Spiders aren't well seen around here.

What kind of music do you play?

Metal all the way to gay rock lol. I try to play everything, i like to broaden my perspectives.

What other true tube amps are there around that range? 300-400£ that is.
Quote by Chinfrim
I'm sure you could pick up a Peavey Valveking 112 for around 280, or a 212 for around 350. I personally suggest that...
Quote by scottp_15
Metal all the way to gay rock lol. I try to play everything, i like to broaden my perspectives.

Peavey Valveking! ^^
Try one out, they kick serious ass. But I'm not sure what they cost in pounds, or is it euros. Don't flame me.
But if they are in your price range, try one out.
Quote by Regression
But I'm not sure what they cost in pounds, or is it euros. Don't flame me.

It's Pounds Sterling (£ in the UK
Quote by scottp_15

With the variety, a spider valve is probably the way to go. Although you should still try a valveking to see if you like it better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I say go for it. That's a good price for one of those amps.

Spider III= OMFG SUCK!!!!!

Spider Valve= Nice amp.
Yer thanks alot for the advice guys. I tried the peavey and i personally liked the tone of the Spider Valve more. Not to mention all the other added ****. Ended up getting a superb cable and 2 sets of strings and a few picks free too lol. Overall I think I hussled them. They were asking 500 lol.

Please people, never ever buy something from a guitar or an amp from a guitar shop for the price shown. They are always willing to bargain :P
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by scottp_15

Please people, never ever buy something from a guitar or an amp from a guitar shop for the price shown. They are always willing to bargain :P

Yeah, I got my Gibson SG 61 Reissue for $1600USD instead of 1900, and that was with a strap and strings of my choice