So I'm looking on getting a new guitar, I've been considering a Gibson Les Paul studio, but then I kinda jumped on to the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom... Later on a friend of mine, who works in a guitar shop offered me an ESP Edwards LP 92CD, I was told a lot of good stuff about this instrument, about it's quality being comparable to gibson custom shop etc.
Maybe you guys know anything about this ESP Edwards line of guitars? What can it be compared to?
Edwards is just the Japanese branch of ESP so you could probably compare it to an Eclipse II and have pretty much the same instrument. If you're not looking to spend quite that much on one check out the LTD EC 1000 it's a killer guitar that won't break your bank. I have one and it can cover any style you can throw at it.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
check out my band:
www.myspace.com/ourmalignantbeloved
My Gear:
ESP MII deluxe
LTD EC-1000
Madison Divinity II Half Stack
Marshall vs265
They're supposed to be very nice guitars. I'm not sure ombguitarist is right about comparing to an Eclipse II, but whatever.

If you get a chance to play it, then do so. Only you can know whether it's quality is high enough for what you want/what you're paying for.
Quote by ombguitarist
Edwards is just the Japanese branch of ESP so you could probably compare it to an Eclipse II and have pretty much the same instrument. If you're not looking to spend quite that much on one check out the LTD EC 1000 it's a killer guitar that won't break your bank. I have one and it can cover any style you can throw at it.

Well I dunno about that, coz they do make em at FujiGen, which is known for its' high quality guitars. And comparing a high quality instrument brand with a cheap student guitar brand (LTD) really makes me wonder.
bump

so really noone heard nothing about these guitars :/? For more info, I'm considering it over a gibson lp standard/studio and an epiphone elitist lp custom
I think dave_mc has one, not sure though. But the one I played(brought from japan, they are not really available in north america) was really good. It was an Sv, i think, it looked like alexi's sig but with a neck pickup. The pups were switched to Seymour duncan blackouts. It was really nice. I really liked the fretboard, not too thin or too thick
Quote by Dreamzor
Well I dunno about that, coz they do make em at FujiGen, which is known for its' high quality guitars. And comparing a high quality instrument brand with a cheap student guitar brand (LTD) really makes me wonder.

WRONG.

LTD makes some awesome guitars. 400 series and up are very highly regarded. True, their lower end guitars are intended for beginners and most below the 400 series aren't very good for the price, but that doesn't apply to the entire LTD brand. A nearly $900 guitar (EC-1000) is hardly a cheap student guitar.

A lot of Edwards are meant to be a cheaper alternative to ESP, while other Edwards models are meant to be more consistant with other common guitars, instead of the radical shapes and paintjobs on most ESPs. That said, a lot of people swear by Edwards as being of even higher quality than ESP. My old guitar teacher bought a really nice Edwards LP copy off of ebay, and I must say, it's the best LP copy I have ever played. It was expensive as hell, though.

EDIT: I actually plan on buying either an E-EC-150E or an E-RV-148 sometime this year.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
if you can try it, that'd be the sensible option.

i have an edwards LP. it's very nice. mine's lacquer taste series, though, and that one isn't, so it might not be just as nice. but it's probably still "very nice". but since you can try it, you should be able to work that out for yourself.

the electronics knobs probably need to be switched, but other than that, should be good to go.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
m, well thanks on all the info guys As I got this oppourtunity to get an edwards lp 92CD at a very comfortable price, I'm trying to get to know more about it, since I never heard of this brand before

It looks like this, kinda appealing for my eyes, just that I'll install some gold pickup covers and probably a pickguard on it if I actually buy it.
they come under the ESP umbrella... they're guitars for the Japanese market. i wouldn't worry about not hearing about them... frankly as far as I'm concerned that's generally a good thing (as long as it's not one of those really cheapo no-name brands).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hm, well I'm mostly trying to get a good comparison with a gibson lp studio, since that's the instrument I was kinda saving for, but that edwards is way cheaper + no damn case (which I already got)
Quote by Dreamzor
hm, well I'm mostly trying to get a good comparison with a gibson lp studio, since that's the instrument I was kinda saving for, but that edwards is way cheaper + no damn case (which I already got)

Edwards QC > Gibson Studio QC by a mile. I've played Studios that are just as good as a Standard, and I've played Studios that are worse than an Epi. But from what I've heard, Edwards are very consistant with their quality, which is already very high.
mkay, and what about the covers ) do plain gibson pickup covers get along with seymour duncans? Saw some for 16eur
Quote by Dreamzor
mkay, and what about the covers ) do plain gibson pickup covers get along with seymour duncans? Saw some for 16eur

It should work fine. Humbuckers are generally all made to the same dimensions, so pickup covers should be universal. Don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% positive. Pickguards would be quite easy, though. There are tons of generic LP pickguards available.
Quote by Dreamzor

i haven't tried a studio for a while, but my edwards is nicer than a gibson les paul classic antique i tried a while back, if that's any help (just the volume and tone pots could do with being swapped, and i'm not a major fan of the JB).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dreamzor
m, well thanks on all the info guys As I got this oppourtunity to get an edwards lp 92CD at a very comfortable price, I'm trying to get to know more about it, since I never heard of this brand before

It looks like this, kinda appealing for my eyes, just that I'll install some gold pickup covers and probably a pickguard on it if I actually buy it.

I want one of those sooooooo bad. If you want reviews, check out Harmony Central. And yes, the quality on the upper class Edwards are pretty much the same as an ESP standard (from what i've heard).
i don't see any edwards models with "Rt. Honourable" in front of their names...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?