A couple days ago my iPod was working fine, but all of a sudden the sound on the right side went out. I though that maybe it was the headphones, but I tried 4 different ones and the sound was still out. The only way you can hear the sound on the right is if you pull on the headphone cord tightly to the right. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the sound in it or if the battery is dead. If anyone has an idea what the problem could be I'd like to know. Thanks.
This is why Zunes are better...I've dropped my zune tons of times, from several unpleasant places...by accident...and its been through the weather, and it still works...not that Ipods are bad, but Zunes are just better
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I didn't drop it or anything. I set it on the table for five minutes. When I came back it wasn't working. I was the only one home so nothing could have happened to it.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Lol...maybe an evil genie came in and screwed it up :P
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
i had the same problem with my old ipod...it´s the headphones jack thats loose and there is no chance you can replace it. it´s been caused because of you holding your ipod in the front pocket and due to a "high" or "big" headphone jack you have cracked your ipod jack. the only thing is to send it back to apple with a good excuse (i got a new one)

good luck!

Wote the blues duels (see sig)!!!1
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
i had the same problem with my old ipod...it´s the headphones jack thats loose and there is no chance you can replace it. it´s been caused because of you holding your ipod in the front pocket and due to a "high" or "big" headphone jack you have cracked your ipod jack. the only thing is to send it back to apple with a good excuse (i got a new one)

good luck!

Did you have a warranty?
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
^i dont think so, i just said it had been like that since i bought it!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by real6
A couple days ago my iPod was working fine, but all of a sudden the sound on the right side went out. I though that maybe it was the headphones, but I tried 4 different ones and the sound was still out. The only way you can hear the sound on the right is if you pull on the headphone cord tightly to the right. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the sound in it or if the battery is dead. If anyone has an idea what the problem could be I'd like to know. Thanks.

I bet it the receptor where you put the cord in is cracked or broken, same thing happened to me