Right, think the g/f might be buying me an acoustic for a wee present and that is her price range. So I need to give her some helpful hints as to what guitar to get me. So recommend me a nice guitar under £500. Preferably one with a low action, the acoustic I have just now the action is ****ing high and has made me hate playing my acoustic and of late I havent had time to get that fixed and dont want to do it myself and make an arse of it.
I'm gonna be a bitch and not mention any specific model. But I find Taylors make very good acoustics.
The time it would take to have the action lowered on your current guitar would be about the same as finding a replacement... plus it would be a lot cheaper.

Check into that before shelling out your hard earned cash... unless you're just wanting another guitar and are suffering from G.A.S.
Quote by Bill43
The time it would take to have the action lowered on your current guitar would be about the same as finding a replacement... plus it would be a lot cheaper.

Check into that before shelling out your hard earned cash... unless you're just wanting another guitar and are suffering from G.A.S.

What is G.A.S?

I dont like the sound off my guitar just now, its a wee cheapo electro acoustic. Had all types of strings and it still sounds tinny.

I want a nice warm sound, low action and a cutaway(not a necessity(sp)).

I would like a martin but I dont know if she will shell out that much.

I have been hearing could things about breedloves?
I'd say.. Breedlove. Can't mind the actual models but they're about £450-£550 and absolutely gorgeous.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by slowhands1981
What is G.A.S?

I dont like the sound off my guitar just now, its a wee cheapo electro acoustic. Had all types of strings and it still sounds tinny.

I want a nice warm sound, low action and a cutaway(not a necessity(sp)).

I would like a martin but I dont know if she will shell out that much.

I have been hearing could things about breedloves?

GAS= Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. Its a fairly common disease among guitarists and there is no known cure

With that out of the way... I would suggest you go to your local shops and try out every guitar in your price range until you find the exact one you can't live without. Trust me... it is out there.
i have a case of GAS. im going to work 40 hours a summer on part time pay to get myself a martin.

anyway, Seagulls should be in your range. awesome guitars.
Try out an alveraz...amzing sound for the price..not great electronics tho if your goin' the way of electric/acoustic