Ok, I have a issue. em. i ran it by my band mate, that instead of moving to another country to find random band members around the world, that we first, find temporary band members to make the music , so it would be easier to find a vocalist, BECAUSE if the vocalist can hear the music, then they'll be sure we're capable of recording , and getting music done.

and then , other people will be interested in playing in our band too, and they'll be assured that we can record and get things done.

but, i'm getting ahead of myself, as she says. when she wants to find people from around the world , which we want to do that, but we need some music recorded to prove to people that we get things done, and their not spending their time and money to join a band that cant get things recorded.
You have a valid point.

But do you need band members from around the world? Honestly.. that's alot of money your going to be spending for something that might not happen.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
You have a valid point.

But do you need band members from around the world? Honestly.. that's alot of money your going to be spending for something that might not happen.

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL HER! but we are, looking for a Japanese vocalist, since we are of the visual kei genre, but we need music to show people that their going to be investing in something worth of their time >.< but she says im getting ahead of myself. i just thought of the band the whole time and , it would be nice to have nicely recorded music , ya know?
this post kind of defies everything i ever knew about starting a band.

Usually when you start a band you start with local members and find people who gel with you. You write songs and play music, start to develop a sound and play live. THEN you record once you have solidified a genre for yourself.

There is no point in grabbing people from around the world, and I really don't see the use in recording things just to get band-mates. There are other ways to encourage people to be in a band with you, and another member or two might help define your sound.

You may have excellent guitarists right in your backyard. Put up some adds before you look "around the world" for people.

Edit: you may have any type of talented musicians in your backyard
whats the question?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
I agree with doodleface.

Why not find local guys/gals with worldwide experience? Everyone knows that the US has plenty of legal and illegal immigrants. Put an add out on craigslist or something, it NEVER hurts to look.

Worst case scenario: you don't find anyone. That would put you right back where you are now however, at least you made an effort versus just sitting at rehearsal with just you two talking about it.

One other take on this issue is that your other bandmate doesn't really want to get things going and she is setting unrealistic expecations knowing that it won't happen and she can always say it wasn't her fault the project failed, but it was you for not finding someone to fit your band profile. If she is opposed to looking for someone with world wide experience locally, I'd spend some time looking for a new band mate.

Last point, to me there is no such thing as a temporary band mate. I personally would not want to take the time and effort to learn and record your material, just to leave a month later, screw that.
Quote by mnhockey99
I agree with doodleface.

Why not find local guys/gals with worldwide experience? Everyone knows that the US has plenty of legal and illegal immigrants. Put an add out on craigslist or something, it NEVER hurts to look.

Worst case scenario: you don't find anyone. That would put you right back where you are now however, at least you made an effort versus just sitting at rehearsal with just you two talking about it.

One other take on this issue is that your other bandmate doesn't really want to get things going and she is setting unrealistic expecations knowing that it won't happen and she can always say it wasn't her fault the project failed, but it was you for not finding someone to fit your band profile. If she is opposed to looking for someone with world wide experience locally, I'd spend some time looking for a new band mate.

Last point, to me there is no such thing as a temporary band mate. I personally would not want to take the time and effort to learn and record your material, just to leave a month later, screw that.

lol true, for now, i would want to study guitar and bass more, and see where she wants to go with this, i mean, if she wants to be picky , we're not going to get our band thing going anytime soon, so at least i tried. i was just thinking of going off to practice with another band or something if she doesnt want to be more open minded . women are so picky >.>
Quote by Megallica666
japanophile

i'm actually half japanese , thank you very much :P
Quote by phillyguitar
this post kind of defies everything i ever knew about starting a band.

Usually when you start a band you start with local members and find people who gel with you. You write songs and play music, start to develop a sound and play live. THEN you record once you have solidified a genre for yourself.

There is no point in grabbing people from around the world, and I really don't see the use in recording things just to get band-mates. There are other ways to encourage people to be in a band with you, and another member or two might help define your sound.

You may have excellent guitarists right in your backyard. Put up some adds before you look "around the world" for people.

Edit: you may have any type of talented musicians in your backyard

yes! i know! i am willing to give local people a chance at this. but she's being picky and doesnt want to be a local band forever, but we have to start somewhere, you know?
Quote by _Toshie_

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL HER! but we are, looking for a Japanese vocalist, since we are of the visual kei genre, but we need music to show people that their going to be investing in something worth of their time >.< but she says im getting ahead of myself. i just thought of the band the whole time and , it would be nice to have nicely recorded music , ya know?

Vary a little, be similar to visual kei bands if you want too, dress the same, make music which is similar, but ofcourse you won't be japanese which will be your variation. Btw I hope by visual kei you are thinking similar to Gazette with vocals, I can't stand most visual kei vocalists..

Edit: Nevermind, you will be half Japanese.
Whether your band members come from the same town or another country isn't going to make you a higher level band or anything, you will still just be a 'local' band until you start to do good, wherever they are from.
Quote by Regression
Vary a little, be similar to visual kei bands if you want too, dress the same, make music which is similar, but ofcourse you won't be japanese which will be your variation. Btw I hope by visual kei you are thinking similar to Gazette with vocals, I can't stand most visual kei vocalists..

Edit: Nevermind, you will be half Japanese.

no no, my mum is japanese. so i am half XD but yes, our style , clothes and music,etc is the visual kei style
Quote by Roots_radical
Whether your band members come from the same town or another country isn't going to make you a higher level band or anything, you will still just be a 'local' band until you start to do good, wherever they are from.

I know that. I know we have to start somewhere but she;s really picky woman. >.<
Yeahh, but I recon give it a try without a Japanese singer? But in the end if you are dead set on a Japanese singer I guess it's your choice. Make sure you get a good one though. If they sound like Gackt then don't choose them.