hey guys,

anyone using this as their main distortion?

what kind of stuff are ye playing with it?

i'm looking to get a classic rock-like fuzz tone. Got an SG and a JCM2000 and i'm wondering how close a big muff will get me to that tone?
Quote by controlfreak
hey guys,

anyone using this as their main distortion?

what kind of stuff are ye playing with it?

i'm looking to get a classic rock-like fuzz tone. Got an SG and a JCM2000 and i'm wondering how close a big muff will get me to that tone?

Big Muffs tend to be a bit smoother and not as fuzzy as most fuzz. Also I think (and many others too) that the new big muffs aren't as good as the original 70s ones. So I'd go try as many fuzzes out as possible to make sure you know what you are getting.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I have one. I use it for more of a solo tone than main distortion though. It's a great pedal it just might not be quite what you're looking for.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
My Little Big Muff Isn't really fuzzy, as it's a distortion sustainer, but it's still a really good main Distortion for my rig. I'd recommend it, but the Jimi Octavio or the Fuzz Face are better choices. I was just flat broke at the time...so...yeah....
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
i'm not too worried about it being actual fuzz but i'm looking to get a tone similar to the compressed dist sound of bands like Wolfmother.
just wanted to know if people tend to use pedals to replicate this or do they run an overdrive into their gain channel?
musiciansfriend.com has some sound clips so you can get a quick comparison, but obviously its going to be different with each setup. I personally dont like the sound and honestly I dont think it woud suit what you want it for, but it is a pretty cheap pedal so it might not be a bad idea to pick one up used and bang on it for a little while.
Chain:
Fingers -> Schecter Damien FR -> Fulltone OCD -> ABY Box -> Bugera V22 / Peavey 6505+
I get great Wolfmother like sounds from mine, and at GuitarCenter, I tried the Big Muff and it was great too. I'd say go for it.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I use it as a main distortion and I think its fine. I play mainly alternative rock like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr. and own songs. And for White Stripes muff is best pedal evah. Its definetly worth of buying, but you might still prefer some other distortion as main pedal, for example boss.
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!