I just returned a Marshall AVT20 for a full refund, when I received it, I tested it out for a few days. I'm no expert on amps (obviously), but I just felt a dissatisfaction with the tone, and when I went onto UG and read the badmouthing of it, it seemed the choice was clear.

Now I'm considering to buy a Vox Valvetronix AD, however I'd like to know:
*Is this any good for rock? (particularly Queen, which is a band I'm largely infatuated with!)

*Are there any major differences between the 30 watt model and the 50 watt model save for the extra wattage? If so, would you recommend the 50 wattage model over the 30 wattage model?

Thanks in advance,
KB
I wish I could get rid of my AVT
I'm sorry I can't answer your question though, I've never played through Vox.
Basically, the only important difference between the 30 and 50 watt models is the wattage. It's nice to have the extra output when needed, but it's also nice to spend less money.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Brian May used 30W VOX's, mind you, you're not going to get the same tone out of it unless you own a red special.
I have the AD30VT and I think it's great for rock!
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Brian May used 30W VOX's, mind you, you're not going to get the same tone out of it unless you own a red special.

NO! may plays AC30's. Just a hell of a lot different from a valvetronix.

i had an AD50VT and i could get some very decent queen sounds out of it.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Brian used the AC30. There is an AC30 model on the amp which does a good job of it IMO.
^And with the pile o crap guitar that is the Red Special you could probably easy get a Similar sound without it.
Quote by Dave Gilmour
I have the AD30VT and I think it's great for rock!

Please keep in mind that Brian May used modified AC30's which are a world different than the Valvetronix this thread is making reference to.

It's not an apple to apples comparison. It's really not even an apples to oranges comparison. It's more like an apples to fried chicken comparison.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Chill, guys, chill.

Not trying to get the exact same sound as Brian May, because naturally that's impossible for me (If not because of the amp, then definitely because of how worthless a guitarist I am in comparison ).

What I'm asking is whether I can get satisfactory Queen sounds out of it.

Other than that: Is the amp worth it in itself?