So me and my band want to record an EP and we want it out by summer. I called up the studio and they said they could book us for a day in 2 weeks or we could wait until May cause they're really booked. I am going to be really busy in 2 weeks and im afraid we might not be rehearsed enough. This is going to be a very fast recording session....only 5 hours or so....and we're doing the songs live....so what do you guys think? should we take this opportunity or wait for another 2 months???
I say go for it in 2 weeks.
My Rig:

Schecter Omen 6
DOD American Metal
Vox AD30VT
is there somewhere you can play and have them record you live? thats what im doing, best 25$ of my life.
Quote by Reliktunes
So me and my band want to record an EP and we want it out by summer. I called up the studio and they said they could book us for a day in 2 weeks or we could wait until May cause they're really booked. I am going to be really busy in 2 weeks and im afraid we might not be rehearsed enough. This is going to be a very fast recording session....only 5 hours or so....and we're doing the songs live....so what do you guys think? should we take this opportunity or wait for another 2 months???

hey well to start with i wouldnt do it in 5hours, specaily for a good EP, i would spend a weekend on it, but yeh if you cant afford that fair enough, i no the cycle, no money cause nknow gigs, but cant get gigs cause no demo, but yeh i would prob's wait till may when you will probs have more money to record for longer and better, and you will be more rehersed, then if its in may, it will take you very little time to get it copied a few times depending on how many copies you think u can sell, and then you can totlay have them selling in the summer. Eitehr that or try a diffrent studio. Sorry about spelling btw
I don't understand what you mean about the recording live thing, as in everything is one take?
Check out jayninevideolessons.wordpress.com
Online Video Guitar lessons, ebooks, and so on. This above blog is how you may contact me for more information, or email me at jayninelessons@gmail.com
Quote by burn the stars
is there somewhere you can play and have them record you live? thats what im doing, best 25$ of my life.

hey but not amaizng quality im guessing, nah if you are recording live, just hook some kinda disc bruner, or recorder to the mixing desk at your next gig and use that, u then get all the crowd noise ect. but yeh 25$ i guess is worth it
Quote by rhoads4ever
I don't understand what you mean about the recording live thing, as in everything is one take?

yeah everyone would be playing in the live room at the studio all at the same time..
Quote by Reliktunes
yeah everyone would be playing in the live room at the studio all at the same time..

That's what my band did. It actually turned out really well. I would recommend that you dont record anything until you can play the songs live flawless.
Quote by Refusal
That's what my band did. It actually turned out really well. I would recommend that you dont record anything until you can play the songs live flawless.

i agree specaily if you are paying, like me and my band are recording osme songs tomoro night at some college for free live with overdubs after cause we dont have a second guitarest atm, but yeh we dont on the songs properly amazming live yet, but saying that i think it will be fine as we have like 3hours or maybe even more to do three songs, so i mean thats simple, we may even be able to record some extra stuff if we feel the need
you should see if you can do that at a college, but yeh it isnt gonna be superb quality i dont think mind
Quote by rhoads4ever

not all in one take tho, its not as if you cant re do it! lol basicly they mic up all the amps and guitar's and drums or whatever and record you all at once on diffrent tracks at the same time, so if you **** up you can go back and go again. You can also add extra tracks afterward if u need to, like overdubs extra, and usaly the vocals go second, but its just to get the more together feel and keep better time than if you were playing em part by part which can make it sometiems sound a bit weird, depends on your style tho, if you are very into each otehr playing wise as in you need each otehr for cues then its cool, but otehr wise track by trqack works just as well