Page 1 of 2
My fried told me some news about the Iron Maiden concert in Twickenham stadium this summer, I've been planning to go to this; but, he told me that the support band has been confirmed. I almost broke down in tears when I heard this.

The support band is Avenged Sevenfold. Why? Iron Maiden choose their support bands, they chose Avenged Sevenfold to support them. I cannot take that choice seriously, at all. Please, can somebody confirm that this is wrong?

I know many of you will say "oh TS don't be a jerk," or the whiny HxC kids will go "Hey u dikhed A7X is lyk th gratest band eva wid th 2 bst gitarists in da wrld," and some will tell me "just leave them alone."

No I won't, I think this is such a bad decision, I mean, Trivium got piss bombed - but I think they were worth the support slot - Avenged Sevenfold on the other hand will probably get shit bombed.

/elitist rant.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I don't think they're that bad. City of Evil was decent, just anything older than that was crap.

Just put up with them till Maiden comes on.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
some a7x is good some is dire same with slipknot.
as for trvium i hate them more than anything else and i can't put my finger on why other than i don't like their music.
Also i wish Iron Maiden would do more gigs in the UK, i really want to see em
Maiden can choose whoever they want, i think it's a good move.
think of all the scene kids who may just go to see avenged, not caring about maiden, then see maiden and be like aaahoooowww awesome.

just be thankful its not 50 cent, or such rubbish.
I just listened to them for the first time, they're rubbish.

Although I think the same about Iron Maiden.
at least you dont have to listen to chik chik chik (!!!)

my guys saw them with the chili peppers and almost comminted suicide before froosh stepped on stage
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Iron Maiden are ****! .........in my opinion
"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do. "

Maynard James Keenan
Get over it. You wanna watch Iron Maiden, then watch the support band you don't particularly like, instead of crying on the internet in an 'OMGZ I HATE TEH A7X!!!!!!!!111!ONE!!!' way. It's how gigs work, deal with it.
A7X really isn't as bad as you people make it out to be. Their new album was good. I don't really listen to much of their old stuff, but they had a few good songs.
Thank God I'm not going. At least Trivium have there influences and intentions in the right places; they want to just be a kickass metal band but Avenged Sevenfold just seem to target 11 year old hXc girls. It disgusts me.
RULE BRITANNIA
I've seen Maiden before but wasn't all that impressed. I wouldn't mind seeing them again but no way in hell would I pay to see a support band like Avenged Sevenfold.
RULE BRITANNIA
That blows dude, avenged sevenfold are crap.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Maiden can choose whoever they want, i think it's a good move.
think of all the scene kids who may just go to see avenged, not caring about maiden, then see maiden and be like aaahoooowww awesome.

just be thankful its not 50 cent, or such rubbish.

50 cent opening up for Maiden!? Best show ever!!! jk. Would be worth a laugh though, in an ironical sort of way.
Set their pants on fire...

...but seriously, they'r just a support band, put up eith 'em 'till maiden comes on and rocks your socks off. Some of us have had to put up with worse you know.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
If A7X was Unknown, and then go to maiden and see them, I'm sure you would have said good comment about em. But BTW I hAte THEM
Quote by cobain_is_king
Thank God I'm not going. At least Trivium have there influences and intentions in the right places; they want to just be a kickass metal band but Avenged Sevenfold just seem to target 11 year old hXc girls. It disgusts me.

You say this like it's a bad thing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Him opened for Metallica; you should be grateful! And I had to sit through Dragonforce when I went to the Black Crusade, which was a giant pain is the ass.

Put bluntly: the bands you like will always have crappy openers. Get used to it.
i like avenged seenfold, but i hear they not good live,
i'd prefer trivium

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

I realy dont like ax7,
but taking the piss out of suport bands at gigs is quite hilarious.I wont be that bad.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I love Avenged. I just really like how the guitar harmonies work.

And I prefer them to Iron Maiden.

And frankly, Avenged really get the crowd pumped up. So for the show, it's a really good move.

Who would you rather it have been? Trivium are ****e.
Quote by zapatista89
at least you dont have to listen to chik chik chik (!!!)

my guys saw them with the chili peppers and almost comminted suicide before froosh stepped on stage

!!! are much better than the chili peppers.
Harold Bishop Fan Club Member #3

Originally posted by balltounge

Fatboy beat me, that lad has taste...and its meaty.
Quote by cobain_is_king

That is what I think, exactly.

Whoever said that A7X's new album is a good metal album, you're wrong. It's just so formulaic and obvious. Since Metalcore died over a year ago, all metalcore bands are ditching their old sound, in my opinion, only Trivium has done that properly. A7X's new album sounds like it was made by businessmen who've never listened to metal before, and who are making what they think is metal.

Denizenz, I don't mind you labelling me a a sub culture following preteen, I know my opinions and I know that I don't like A7X, due to no reason other than I do not like their music. I realised the flaws in their music myself. They're definitely not technical metal.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Just go and get something to eat or something while Avenged Sevenfold are on?

I had my dinner when Trivium were playing the last time Maiden played in Glasgow.
Jesus you people are ****ing stupid. It's a business. A7X is popular and draws fans. More money. Simple. Called the music BUSINESS after all.
Avenged sevenfold may be a bunch of posers but theyre songs arent THAT bad, im sure you can sit through a few of their songs without suffering some sort of strange breakdown...
I personally like Avenged Sevenfold.

What I really need to know is, who is the opening band for the March 16th Toronto show?
It could be worse. Initially, just to make themselves all the more awesome by comparison, they had booked Soulja Boy, but he had to pull out.
Quote by freddaahh

Denizenz, I don't mind you labelling me a a sub culture following preteen, I know my opinions and I know that I don't like A7X, due to no reason other than I do not like their music. I realised the flaws in their music myself. They're definitely not technical metal.

I wasn't necessarily trying to label you. I was more talking about their fan base...

As far as I'm concerned, they are technical and they are metal, therefore they are technical metal. Gates may not be the best guitarist in the world, but he's on par with other power or even prog players...
GEt over it jackass. Lmao Elitists are losers =)
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by boreamor
I love Avenged. I just really like how the guitar harmonies work.

And I prefer them to Iron Maiden.

And frankly, Avenged really get the crowd pumped up. So for the show, it's a really good move.

Who would you rather it have been? Trivium are ****e.

No, Avenged Sevenfold don't get the crowd pumped, I've seen them live, especially when there's a crowd who've just seen Arch Enemy and are waiting for Metallica. Download 2006 showed how bad they were, nobody could give a **** about them, the only time that heads were turned was when they butchered "Walk." Trivium > A7X in so many ways.

Quote by Giant Tool
i like avenged seenfold, but i hear they not good live,
i'd prefer trivium

They aren't good live, their sound is awful, that singer has no presence, it is obvious that the guitarists aren't any good, as Synester's improvs and solos just sound like his left hand isn't pushing the strings down properly - the studio obviously overproduce their solos. On the other hand, Trivium are good live; but I wouldn't want them supporting Maiden - maybe Exodus, or Machine Head, or Metallica; that would be good, trying to watch Lars' ego deal with him being in a support slot.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Think of all the hot scene girls you could pick up TS

Business-wise like someone said, Iron Maiden would profit from this move. For some people like myself, I like both so it's a win-win situation. But I guess for others, too bad for you and just deal with it.
Page 1 of 2