Hey!

After my GCSE exams in the summer, providing i do well, my dad has agreed to buy me a good guitar for my college course.

I was thinking a Les Paul BFG, but realised, its a one trick pony.

Now i cna probably get £100 added on, but i may have to wait a little longer.

And depending on how much the Herman Li sig is (Not a DF fan, but DAMN that has some versatile pups)

So give me some of the most versatile gutiars for £600 ($1200) Id prefer a HB In the neck and bridge, and possibley a locking trem, its for a course where im basically a session musician for 10 hours a week, so Rock to Rap, The Corrs to Cradle of Filth (Yes, i play heavy metal primarily, and this will be a gigging guitar for that)

Thanks dudes!
PcSpeaker
Quote by crazyguitarhero
probably a HSS configurated Ibanez?

Aren't Ibbys trems crap (Save the Edge 0)
I personally am after an Ibanez S470:

Also available in black:

Mahogany body, HSH config, 21mm-thin bolt-on maple neck, Zero-Resistance tremolo (work of art in it's own right!). And for only £327 at GAK! You could always use the change to upgrade the pickups, too! Here's the GAK link:
Ibanez S470

Hope this helps,
Rob Johnson

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by PCSpeaker
Aren't Ibbys trems crap (Save the Edge 0)

For £600 you well over the crap Ibanez trems, the S series ZR trems are also badass and about £600 could give you the rg2550, which has the new hybrid trem which looks actually excellent

Ibanez would be very versatile, S and RG, but a strat could also do well as could something from other makers, but in that budget, i'd probably go for them, depending upon your styles of course
The Ibby trems to watch out for are the Edge III and the Lo-Pro II (I think). the original edge, Edge Pro, ZR and Edge Zero are all masterpieces - locking FRs. And the ZR also has a stopbar (which is where the Edge Zero got its design) so even if you break a string it'll stay in tune!

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I'd say an Ibanez S series with HSH or HSS pickups, so Ebay for the old HSS ones, or GAK for HSH, you may get a prestige one for that price (or wait for the new ones).
Fender HSS strat, with mods added over time (neck humbucker, floyd rose, etc etc).
A new BC Rich guitar, the new ones are looking awesome, they're going to be a very very reasonable price (the chuck schuldiner tribute model is apparently around £600, which if you compare to dimebag tributes from dean, is awesome) as well as being great (OFR for around £300).
Maybe PRS SE, these are great and versatile guitars, I prefer them to epiphones.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'd say an Ibanez S series with HSH or HSS pickups, so Ebay for the old HSS ones, or GAK for HSH, you may get a prestige one for that price (or wait for the new ones).
Fender HSS strat, with mods added over time (neck humbucker, floyd rose, etc etc).
A new BC Rich guitar, the new ones are looking awesome, they're going to be a very very reasonable price (the chuck schuldiner tribute model is apparently around £600, which if you compare to dimebag tributes from dean, is awesome) as well as being great (OFR for around £300).
Maybe PRS SE, these are great and versatile guitars, I prefer them to epiphones.

I thought the paul allender SE was tasty, but after testung it i realised the pickups are really metal only, they dont sound good clean.
Quote by PCSpeaker
I thought the paul allender SE was tasty, but after testung it i realised the pickups are really metal only, they dont sound good clean.

PRS SE custom, singlecut, mark tremonti (wired like a les paul, 4 knobs etc), soapbar (maybe a lil' TOO light for you) there are loads of models, but it's your choice

Shop around, go to as many guitar shops as you can, try 'em all out, but remember to do so with an amp similar (or the same) to the one you own.
ibanez rg1570? probably best if you do veer towards more modern stuff though. if you don't play metal and hard rock/shred, something like a strat or tele, perhaps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?