hey all .. first post for me so pls be gentle .. ok im gonna buy another guitar , and im looking at the Variax 700 with trem .. i already got a '62 reissue strat and a '90s epiphone riviera and a yamaha apx nylon ... it would be going through a line 6 flextone 3 amp ... i just wanted to know if u think this would be a good buy or would u spend the £800 on something else? hope u can shed some light on this for me .. many thx
It would help if you could give us a little more information:
What kind of music do you play? Mostly, what are you hoping to get out of a different guitar? If it's going to be a backup guitar, or you're in a cover band, or you just want a ton of 'close enough' approximations of different guitars, the Variax is a good choice. However, you seem pretty well covered by your other three guitars, so if you just want one good crunchy SG/Les Paul or shredder type guitar, you're better off getting one specifically for that purpose.
Quote by Roc8995
It would help if you could give us a little more information:
What kind of music do you play? Mostly, what are you hoping to get out of a different guitar? If it's going to be a backup guitar, or you're in a cover band, or you just want a ton of 'close enough' approximations of different guitars, the Variax is a good choice. However, you seem pretty well covered by your other three guitars, so if you just want one good crunchy SG/Les Paul or shredder type guitar, you're better off getting one specifically for that purpose.

+1 good solid sensible answer...
Thank you please.
Be warned, I have the Variax 300 and I really like it, but the electronics can be dodgy. I had to take two back because they were completely faulty and my third (this one) does some weird stuff from time to time. For example it sometimes just drops the volume, or changes to sitar midway through a riff...

Yours might be fine, however, so it's up to you. Just a heads up.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
Be warned, I have the Variax 300 and I really like it, but the electronics can be dodgy. I had to take two back because they were completely faulty and my third (this one) does some weird stuff from time to time. For example it sometimes just drops the volume, or changes to sitar midway through a riff...

Yours might be fine, however, so it's up to you. Just a heads up.

the 700 doesn't have the same problems. The 300 is notoriously shoddy, a lot of people had to return several 300s before they got one that worked
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
thx for replys and sorry i guess more info would have been a good idea ... its only for me indoors and try (as bad as i do) to play mostly dire straits , guns and roses and a little ac/dc ..
Another thing you could consider, is maybe selling the Flextone and using the combined cash to get a better amp. Can you get a Vetta for that price (used)? Or if you don't need modelling, maybe a tube combo.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Blompcube
the 700 doesn't have the same problems. The 300 is notoriously shoddy, a lot of people had to return several 300s before they got one that worked

Ah, OK. What a gay, they're supposed to have exactly the same electronics...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.