Hey there,
Im Planning on getting a explorer custom made but not sure which pick ups to get. I want two humbuckers and was thinking Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan but even then im not sure which ones within those companies to get. I play mainly Foo Fighters kind of rock so something to compliment that would be great.
Thanks
My Gear

Fender Squier
Ibanez S-320
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

[£0/£2000]
Dimarzio Breeds could be an option, have you by any chance tried both Dm's and SD's pickup selector features? They can be very helpful
I am loaning a mesa boogie dual rectifier and same 4 X 12 cab off a friend will get my own soon.
My Gear

Fender Squier
Ibanez S-320
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

[£0/£2000]
Well, what do you want from your tone?

See, I ask about the amp because it's the basis of your tone. If you're using a different one than the one you plan to buy (Dual Recs aren't my idea of an amp for alternative rock like the Foos...) then it's hard to ascertain how you should tweak your tone.

Also, if you don't have your own amp, why are you wasting money on a custom guitar? Guitars are expensive.
hi,
Well i have quite a bit of money and any help will be appriciated and also amp advice would be halpful to can you recomend an ampfor that kind of music as well.
My Gear

Fender Squier
Ibanez S-320
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

[£0/£2000]
Thanks and what pick ups should i put in the guitar?
My Gear

Fender Squier
Ibanez S-320
Epiphone Gothic Explorer

[£0/£2000]
^^^
+1
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money