Well as most of you know I'm building an 18watter amp:
http://store.bnamp.com/basickit.html

The thing is that I will need a cab for it. I already have the measurments for the head's chassis. But as you know I will need to make a cab that will for the tubes (and transformers). So then I need measurments on the height (only need height) of an EL84. The transformers are roughly the same height (I still need some spacing, so it will fit). Keep in mind I won't make the actual cab until I have the amp of course, but this would be good for me to see how much material I need and to get a rought estiamte of what price I need to pay.

And what cab am I doing? Well probably a full metal mesh cab, kind of like the Tiny Terror.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^Tried google, didn't find anything. Thanks dude.

Edit, also need height of the tube base.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

EL84s are right around 8cm, maybe 8 and a quarter. Remember to leave room for the tube holders, if you're going to use them on the 84s. (a good idea)
I assume by 'base' you mean the tube socket, which is very short- probably 1.5cm, though I'm less sure of that one.

*Grabs ruler*

I'll be back in a minute.

Edit: Not including pins or the holders they're around 6cm give or take...
Well actually I ned it with the socket, because I need to know how height my cab needs to be...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Oh, well in case case, 7/7.5cm... But I'd leave a bit of extra room as well... So maybe leave like a 10cm gab for the tubes?
Yea, that was what I was thinking, the reason I wanted to know was that I wanted to have like a general idea of how much space I'd need to leave.

I'm thinking about a 18 cm head cab, since the amp chassis is 6 cm high. That should leave enough space.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Last edited by Gabel at Jan 29, 2008,