So i lost my licence for 6 months.

First of all I didn't hit anyone or I wasn't caught for speeding or anything at all actually.
I just had a Thrombosis (which is a formation of a clot inside a blood vessel, obstructing the flow of blood through the circulatory system) in my brain. Which causes the parts that have been obstructed to partially and in my case temporarely die off. So my right arm and some of my linguistic capabilities are inferior at the moment.
Because of this its illegal for me to drive a car for 6 months.
Being 19 this really sucks. I don't drive a lot (less than 10000 miles) but I've become dependent to the freedom that comes with it.

SOooooooo i'm here at home bored, and stuck. Any ideas of what to do ?
Or anyone who has had anything similar like a long term loss of driverslicence ?
Or does anyone know a way to get your licence back faster ? with some kind of reflex test or something ? because i'm actually fine physically, the only thing that's not working properly is my writing capability.
my gear:
- Caliber limited edition strat copy
- Martinez acoustic
- Ibanez GRG-170 DX
- Rp 150 by digitech
- 35 watt cool amp
- 25 watt megatone amp
- 2 straps
Yeah i agree with MightyCreep really dont try drive even if its just round the corner as they are bound to be there watching then you'd be ****ed without a car for ages.
ask your doctor about some sort of rehab (physiotherapy of some kind probably) to help you recover faster. Is it a test you have to pass after 6 months? or is it just a set period of time?
It's a set period of time. Any kind of illness like this comes with a set no-drive time from the DVLA. It's the same with epileptics and other conditions that cause temporary unconsciousness etc

Edit: this is under UK law.
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
Little young for brain trombosis, no?

You probably won't get it back until your doctors assure that you're in safe condition to drive again.
So learn to live with some less freedom, and play more guitar instead.

Btw, is that Gent, Belgium, where you live?
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
the problem that i have with it is that its just simply 6 months and thats it.
2 weeks later i'm already perfectly fine (accept for some small malfunctions) where as other people can't walk or remember who they are for a while and they also have the same 6 months safety period. It really sucks because i can't work either because i can't get where i gotta be.
my gear:
- Martinez acoustic
- Ibanez GRG-170 DX
- Rp 150 by digitech
- 35 watt cool amp
- 25 watt megatone amp
- 2 straps
Could use public transport if you really don't want to stay in, it's not that bad, it just smells a bit funny... I'd also reccomend headphones if you want to avoid conversations with old people
yep ghent, belgium
and yes 19 is very young. Anything under 60 is freakishly young actually :P
They still don't know what caused it. And i've heard that if they're not sure what caused it they don't know how to treat it correctly and they might take away my licence for longer
I've used public transport for 2 years from time to time and i've said that it was the last time that i'd use it because its so slow and so irritating with stupid people.
my gear:
- Martinez acoustic
- Ibanez GRG-170 DX
- Rp 150 by digitech
- 35 watt cool amp
- 25 watt megatone amp
- 2 straps
Last edited by Stijntjen at Jan 29, 2008,
Play guitar.. you will get better lol.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA