Okay guys, I might be going to see Iron maiden in Twickenham, London, but the only tickets left are right at the top level (the upper tier blocks). Will I see anything, is it still worth going?
Once you are past the general standing area, it doesn't really matter. You don't get to see the band up close. Go for the music, not for where you are sitting. It's fucking Iron Maiden man!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Has the pitch floor already sold out? Bollocks, I don't want to sit down....Oh well, I've heard Avenged Sevenfold are supporting them, just no.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by darkstar2466
It's fucking Iron Maiden man!

Exactly, it's the main reason why I'm going - in ten years time, I doubt they'll be ever gigging again and I'll regret not going =P
Quote by freddaahh
Has the pitch floor already sold out? Bollocks, I don't want to sit down....Oh well, I've heard Avenged Sevenfold are supporting them, just no.

Oh god.
Maiden pretty much always have **** support in the UK these days.
Exhume To Consume!
I would heartily laugh my ass off if Fall Out Boy supported Iron Maiden in the U.S.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by AltarsOfMadness
Oh god.
Maiden pretty much always have **** support in the UK these days.

avenged sevenfold really isnt that bad.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
It's not like any good bands would want to play with Maiden.

*Brutally Murders*

I've got my ticket
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i saw avenged sevenfold live and they put on a good show

i had to be seated in machine head and that was still awesome so i would go
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by darkstar2466
I would heartily laugh my ass off if Fall Out Boy supported Iron Maiden in the U.S.

I would heartily go on a murdering spree.

Maiden's manager would be the first to go.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
avenged sevenfold really isnt that bad.
Most people think they are, even though as stated before, they're highly influenced by bands such as Iron Maiden. So people like Iron Maiden, but they don't like that a7x is influenced by them. It's pretty backwards.
Don't go. Avenged Sevenfold reek.
Spend the money on alcohol/weed instead and get wasted.
In 30 years you'll look back and say "Remember that time we went to see that really **** band?"
When you could be saying "Remember that time we got so wasted and woke up in a hedge in Aberfoyle..."
It'l be so worth it.
RULE BRITANNIA
^ But it's t3h Maidanz show. How can you not go?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
^ But it's t3h Maidanz show. How can you not go?
If you have lots and lots of pride. :]
Well I've seen Maiden and they wern't half as good as I'd expected. I'd especially not go with support like that.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
Don't go. Avenged Sevenfold reek.

I love how people jump on the bandwagon. Im not a huge fan, but as a band, they really arent that bad. I have seen way worse supporting acts than them.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I love how people jump on the bandwagon. Im not a huge fan, but as a band, they really arent that bad. I have seen way worse supporting acts than them.

Bandwagon? You make me laugh. I am not following any trends here, I do not like the band, and I sure as hell don't like their music. By finding a band annoying and extremely overrated that means I'm jumping on a bandwagon? What sad times we live in.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cobain_is_king
Bandwagon? You make me laugh. I am not following any trends here, I do not like the band, and I sure as hell don't like their music. By finding a band annoying and extremely overrated that means I'm jumping on a bandwagon? What sad times we live in.

I guess you never noticed how everyone hates Avenged Sevenfold and Dragonforce just to be "cool"? Most people havent seen them play but still hate them because everyone else does.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
"Don't jump the bandwagon" is the instinctive response of injured fanboys.

Honestly, A7X are, with the best will in the world, neither heavy enough, good enough songwriters, or good enough instrumentalists to support Iron Maiden in my very honest opinion.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I guess you never noticed how everyone hates Avenged Sevenfold and Dragonforce just to be "cool"? Most people havent seen them play but still hate them because everyone else does.

When I heard Ax7 were supporting MaidenI gave them a fair chance by listening to a few of their songs on YouTube. They are just like every other mediocre pretend-metal band that you see today. I haven't seen them live and I don't want to, because their music is crappy.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
WOO!

I'm going, and standing!

But really disappointed witht the choice of support.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by webbtje
"Don't jump the bandwagon" is the instinctive response of injured fanboys.

Honestly, A7X are, with the best will in the world, neither heavy enough, good enough songwriters, or good enough instrumentalists to support Iron Maiden in my very honest opinion.

More like the instinctive response of someone tired of reading _______ sucks. I never claimed to be a fan of of them. I dont like their songs and I dont like the people in the band, but they are good musicians and put on a good live show. Im just tired of people who have never seen them saying they suck ass just because someone else said that.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92
Quote by Ktool The Girth
More like the instinctive response of someone tired of reading _______ sucks. I never claimed to be a fan of of them. I dont like their songs and I dont like the people in the band, but they are good musicians and put on a good live show. Im just tired of people who have never seen them saying they suck ass just because someone else said that.

It's not like we haven't heard their music. It's not like videos of Synyster's sloppy uninteresting solos aren't on youtube. Maybe they do get all their fanboys jumping at their shows but don't blame us cause we don't like them.
I'm still trying ot get over the fact they are playing ONE SHOW in the whole of the UK. Seriously, it doesn't hurt to play one show in Scotland so fans don't have to fork for travel expences to get somewhere several hundred miles and fork out expenses for accomodation
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Metal. Forum.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...