Page 4 of 68
^DVD or CD?
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Sloopy
Harmonica was the first instrument I had as a kid. Everybody had them back then, used to call them 'mouth organs'. I'm an alright harmonica player. I usually just play in my blues band or when I play Neil Young/Bob Dylan tunes but hey that satisfies me!

The Paul Butterfield harmonica work in "Who Do You Love" off The Last Waltz is phenomenal.

Heard Robben Ford's tribute album to Paul Butterfield? Suggested purchase. Some really great versions of his songs.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
^Damn, thats a real shame. Best concert movie of all time.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Quote by Derigiberble
Heard Robben Ford's tribute album to Paul Butterfield? Suggested purchase. Some really great versions of his songs.

No, but I'll have a look. Thanks!
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
hey guys im tring to play velvet revolver and slash plays down 1/2 step how do i tune my guitar to it
Chordbook.com

they have a tuner for you

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by bleachrocks
hey guys im tring to play velvet revolver and slash plays down 1/2 step how do i tune my guitar to it

Just tune all of the strings to Eb. An easy way to to do it is fretting the first fret of every string and just tune it like you would in standard.
LOL
Accckkkkk. I've lost all my music.

I have almost everything on cds, but they are conveniently located not here. Bahhhhh.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^How did you lose everything?

It appears that my laptop got robbed

Fortunately, all my work is backed up, but since my music is all in cds at home I'm not going to waste space backing that up.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
Accckkkkk. I've lost all my music.

I have almost everything on cds, but they are conveniently located not here. Bahhhhh.
Oh man do I know that feeling all too well. I've lost an external drive with all my studio CDs and bootlegs, then after that I lost my entire computer, which contained twice the amount of studio CDs on it that were on the hard drive I lost. Then just last night my username decided to stop working on my computer which I completely rebooted like, 2 months ago (no music lost this time, my name works on safe mode, so I'm transferring the music that was on there onto my hard drives in safe mode).

The moral of the story is: BACK UP YOUR MUSIC TO DISCS/EXTRA HARD DRIVES. Since it's absolutely ridiculous to think that I'm going to burn every single show I have to listenable audio discs, I just back my bootlegs up to DVD RWs. I have probably 30+ DVDs of bootleg data, and 5 or 6 DVDs of studio CDs.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^
This doesn't come as a shock to me (the part where you have so many DVDs used up)
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^^Only problem is that I'm starting to receive live shows at a faster rate then I can burn them. The lack of blank discs/money isn't exactly helping me either...
Quote by Thefallofman

Putting them on the backup drive isn't enough temporarily, huh?

Here's a question; You've already got so many bootlegs. Why keep collecting? You've got so many shows from the same tour (I think you have all the available shows from the Animals tour?). How often do you actually listen to most of these?

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^You do it. Once you have listened to many shows from the same tour, you begin to appreciate subtle differences in the set.

Quote by Page&HammettFan

Putting them on the backup drive isn't enough temporarily, huh?

Here's a question; You've already got so many bootlegs. Why keep collecting? You've got so many shows from the same tour (I think you have all the available shows from the Animals tour?). How often do you actually listen to most of these?
I don't have a drive strictly for backup. My shows go straight to my external hard drive, and then slowly onto backup discs. And why keep collecting you say? Well first of all, I always have something new and different to listen to. When it comes to things like Floyd tours, as Cptbeefheart said, each show has it's own little differences (except for Roger Waters' recent solo tours ). And I actually do listen to a lot of my shows. Not necessarily Pink Floyd all the time, but I constantly have music playing, so I do get to listen to a nice portion of what I have. The most fun is listening to the Black Crowes stuff I have, they've got a ton of setlist variety from night to night, so you get a completely different show each time. Number two would be Frank Zappa, simply because you never knew what could happen at one of his shows.

Lately I've been listening to studio music though. I just loaded everything from my second external drive (the one with all the studio stuff on it) into Windows Media Player, so I'm rediscovering some albums I haven't heard in a long time. Joe Walsh's Barnstorm is playing right now, which I have to say, is a great album
Quote by Thefallofman
man, I've really been trying hard to find that Antrabatas thing, I finally thought I found it but but it was an unseeded torrent, I'm really surprised it's not more accessible what with the crazy number of hardcore Zep fans out there
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

So I've got 39 discs worth of new Joe Walsh and James Gang live shows ranging from 1968 to 2007 sitting in front of me right now.

Where do I even start?!
Quote by Thefallofman
^ Lol that sounds like an awesome collection of material. I suppose you could just start with the earliest songs and go from there.

I only first heard Joe Walsh a year ago after watching The Eagles Farewell tour DVD but I got a lot of respect for him after seeing him play live. Great guitar player and he's sort of a funny guy from the interviews I saw.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^^Sort of? The guy is a riot to watch as a musician and as a person in general. He has some absolutely great material (the albums with The James Gang and Barnstorm in particular), though some of his albums can be hit or miss.
Quote by Thefallofman
yeah that happened to me recently, I now own every single boot of SRV I could possibly find, and I have no idea where to start
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^
I love Stevie. He was so awesome. Is he considered CR here, or would he only be in the blues forum? This forum could benefit from having him and The Black Crowes mentioned more often

^ Stevie was Blues-Rock, Just as Zeppelin or Cream, I don't see why he shouldn't be in here

and to that, SRV was an incredible guy, I absolutely love him
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^
They go off of when albums debuted, not what style they play here on UG. It's all classed as a time period, otherwise Matt would have just made a Black Crowes thread here instead of Modern Rock

Or atleast I think he would have

what is the year limit here?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^ Isn't it like somewhere in the 60's to around 86'?

Either way SRV could probably fit in the guy was great, I like Riviera Paradise I think that's the name of the song. Great blues player...

Quote by BrainDamage
^^Sort of? The guy is a riot to watch as a musician and as a person in general. He has some absolutely great material (the albums with The James Gang and Barnstorm in particular), though some of his albums can be hit or miss.

I suppose that was an understatement then lol.

He's a really entertaining guy though, I wonder what his campaign speeches would have been like.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

well, Texas Flood was released in '83

and they played montreux in '82
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I think that the cutoff year was in 1984, so he does technically fit here in CR

That's the name, Riviera Paradise. Great song. I love that one, and just bought the album that it's on (In Step) a few weeks ago. It's great

I found "In Step" a while back on Vinyl, and it was so damaged it wouldn't play properly

Riviera Paradise was playing at half speed lol

I think "Rude Mood" is the greatest testament to his guitar ability, and it is one of my favorite instrumentals ever, it's just so... angry, it gets me all bothered

I think Texas Flood is my favorite album as well
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

I've been relying on online vids to listen to SRV at the moment. I'm currently flat out broke.

I got Animals and 2112 though.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
I think that the cutoff year was in 1984, so he does technically fit here in CR

That's the name, Riviera Paradise. Great song. I love that one, and just bought the album that it's on (In Step) a few weeks ago. It's great

Cool what album is it on?

Quote by Page&HammettFan
^
I love Stevie. He was so awesome. Is he considered CR here, or would he only be in the blues forum? This forum could benefit from having him and The Black Crowes mentioned more often
SRV is pretty much straight up blues if you ask me. I mean, yes we do mainly go by time frame, but style is taken into consideration as well. I don't think I'd close a SRV thread in here, but hey, we have an Off-Topic Thread for a reason, no?

And speaking of the Black Crowes, A WEEK FROM TODAY!!!
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage

That needs to be in your sig or something

--------------------------
My name's Matt

I'm seeing The Black Crowes a week from today!

Quote by BrainDamage

Ok Matt, could you recommend me one or two crowes albums?, I have to give these guys a try.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

The big three are The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Amorica, and Three Snakes and One Charm. All three are fantastic albums, but I'd go with Southern Harmony and Amorica first, Three Snakes is a little more experimental. If you like straight up simple rock and roll, their debut- Shake Your Money Maker -would also be a good start, but I feel their sound really evolved between that and Southern Harmony.

Also, remember that DC++ hub I was talking about? I said I might get one started? It appears as if I have done so. I'm testing it out to see if I can actually run this thing.

Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage
The big three are The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Amorica, and Three Snakes and One Charm. All three are fantastic albums, but I'd go with Southern Harmony and Amorica first, Three Snakes is a little more experimental. If you like straight up simple rock and roll, their debut- Shake Your Money Maker -would also be a good start, but I feel their sound really evolved between that and Southern Harmony.

Also, remember that DC++ hub I was talking about? I said I might get one started? It appears as if I have done so. I'm testing it out to see if I can actually run this thing.

thanks muchly,

DC++?

that is a file sharing program right?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Yep. I succeeded in getting a user to sign in, so I'm gonna try and work out the kinks so I can get some more people on.

EDIT: The UG Lossless Hub is officially up and running. PM me for details.
Quote by Thefallofman