Page 5 of 68
^ Pm'ed

Has anyone here seen the Last Waltz?

I watched it today, it was pretty interesting
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by BrainDamage
Yep. I succeeded in getting a user to sign in, so I'm gonna try and work out the kinks so I can get some more people on.

EDIT: The UG Lossless Hub is officially up and running. PM me for details.

Someone get this man a shruberry for being one of the hardest working mods on UG.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Someone get this man a shruberry for being one of the hardest working mods on UG.

I said something to that effect recently

BD, seriously

you = win
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by zeppelinpage4
When you bring me a shrubbery, you must place it here beside another shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle! Yes, a path, a path!

And then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with...

A HERRING!

EDIT: By the way, Carswell, I replied to your PM
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.

He sigged it too!

I now remember why I keep coming back to CR, even when all other forums are completely dead
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
^^

And it's official- Carswell98 is the first user from UG (I had a friend sign in to test it) to register and sign into the UG Lossless Hub, proving that it does actually work.

EDIT: And just remember, I'm new to running this stuff, so I may not be able to help people with technical problems, but I'll try my best
EDIT 2: We have a first successful download as well
Quote by Thefallofman
Kick ass

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
it feels nice to be a first at something
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^ Lol that's great how did the whole process work?

Quote by BrainDamage
^^

And it's official- Carswell98 is the first user from UG (I had a friend sign in to test it) to register and sign into the UG Lossless Hub, proving that it does actually work.

EDIT: And just remember, I'm new to running this stuff, so I may not be able to help people with technical problems, but I'll try my best
EDIT 2: We have a first successful download as well

Awesome this could work out really well.

Quote by BrainDamage
When you bring me a shrubbery, you must place it here beside another shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle! Yes, a path, a path!

And then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with...

A HERRING!

I feel accomplished being sigged now.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 25, 2008,
^
I think I may have sigged you once too.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
^ Lol that's great how did the whole process work?

it went fine once I figured it out, and secured myself a copy of "The Boston Tea Party" Zep show from '69 as a first

and I'm listening to it right now
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^^Ah good, you got it all. It seems as if my connection dropped out at some point in time.
Quote by Thefallofman
yeah, I saw it had cut out about 20 minutes after the file was done
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

How's that Gary Moore and whoever else show that you have? It had two other names, but I don't remember the two. And there was also a Yardbirds show from '69. Was this just some Led Zeppelin show while they were still being called "The New Yardbirds" by some people?

Quote by BrainDamage

Notably, you never replied to mine.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
^
You're not very active on these forums anymore? What happened?

Quote by Derigiberble
Notably, you never replied to mine.
I know. I'm deciding on whether or not to let you in
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by DownInAHole.
My suggestion went acknowledged!

BrainDamage is tied for my favorite mod now with Frenchy.

First topic? Literature? Lemons? Depraved sexual maneuvers? Help me out, guys.

I have a question for you...
Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?
Quote by HFC36
I have a question for you...
Which sexual position produces the ugliest children?

...ask your parents?
LOL
Quote by DownInAHole.
...ask your parents?

wonderful....
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by DownInAHole.
...ask your parents?

Oh my .

I'd like to talk about literature. I'm actually thinking of PM'ing a mod to make an only literature/books thread in The Pit. But The Pit would probably explode if we did that.

So, favorite/least favorite books?

My favorite book is Fight Club, as is Chuck Palahniuk my favorite author. The guy is brilliant.

Also, I recently attempted to read Heart of Darkness, since I've heard good things (and it's what Apocalypse Now was based on) and I have to say it was MIND NUMBINGLY boring. I don't even want to talk about it.
I have a myriad of favorite books, but my top three are probably The Stand by Stephen King, Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, and No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy.

What a coincidence, I am reading Heart of Darkness now as well. I, however, really enjoy it. It isn't your normal, jump out and grab you with an interesting story. It is more a psychological work, one that plunges into the depths of the human mind and examines the dark corners of it. I find it to be a interesting, yet challenging read.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
I have a myriad of favorite books, but my top three are probably The Stand by Stephen King, Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, and No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy.

What a coincidence, I am reading Heart of Darkness now as well. I, however, really enjoy it. It isn't your normal, jump out and grab you with an interesting story. It is more a psychological work, one that plunges into the depths of the human mind and examines the dark corners of it. I find it to be a interesting, yet challenging read.

Marlow kept telling us about how great of a character this Kurtz fellow is, but he isn't introduced for a long time. I wished I had read more, since I didn't even make it to where Kurtz was introduced. The first 75 pages was just pointless drivel about the countryside and ivory. I figured it wasn't worth my time and dead brain cells.

Stephen King used to be once of my favorite authors. I'm into more now. Right now I'm reading The Dark Tower V, which is just such a great series. My favorite King book is probably Thinner. Scratch that, it's 1408.

1408 is just such a great psychological horror, it's the only story I've ever read to have actually frightened me. It scared the crap out of me! Everyone should read it.

I have Slaughterhouse Five on reserve at the library, so it's up next, along with The Great Gatsby, which I've heard mixed opinions about.
I'm kinda the same way with Stephen King. He was probably the first author I really got into and since then, I have kind of moved on. I still read his new books but I wouldn't call him one of my favorite authors anymore. I think he is more of a introductory author, like AC/DC is an introductory classic rock band. He starts you off with a solid base and then you move on from there.

I think I've said before that I dislike Gatsby. I don't think its the classic that everyone makes it out to be. Sure, the story is interesting. But the book is rife with unneeded symbols and is downright boring in spots. It definitely should be read though, just to see what you think about it.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Quote by Cptbeefheart
and No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy.

I would've liked to have read it before I saw the movie, but it's too late now. Excellent movie, however. Any other McCarthy recommendations that are as quality as "No Country..."?

I'm (STILL) reading Joseph Wambaugh's "The Onion Field". It's a lot like "In Cold Blood".
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
^The Road is very good, but nothing like No Country for Old Men. The Border Trilogy (consisting of All the Pretty Horses, The Crossing, and Cities of the Plain) is more similar to NCFOM.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
I'm kinda the same way with Stephen King. He was probably the first author I really got into and since then, I have kind of moved on. I still read his new books but I wouldn't call him one of my favorite authors anymore. I think he is more of a introductory author, like AC/DC is an introductory classic rock band. He starts you off with a solid base and then you move on from there.

I think I've said before that I dislike Gatsby. I don't think its the classic that everyone makes it out to be. Sure, the story is interesting. But the book is rife with unneeded symbols and is downright boring in spots. It definitely should be read though, just to see what you think about it.
I'm a bit on the fence with Stephen King. I read a bunch of his books back in middle school, and some were very good, while others were just alright. For instance, The Shining was great, as was Pet Sematary, Thinner was good, and looking back on Cujo, I originally liked it, but now I think it could have been better from what I remember. That being said, I recently read The Mist (had to do it before the movie- which I still haven't seen -came out), which I liked a lot, and The Green Mile, which I can conclude is one of the best books I have ever read. A bunch of his short stories/novellas are good too- especially Children of the Corn and Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.

As for The Great Gatsby, I did not like that book either, and agree that it is not the classic everyone says it is.

I just finished 1984 last week and thought that was great, and now I'm re-reading A Clockwork Orange, which I loved the first time I read it.

Quote by metalfan#3

1408 is just such a great psychological horror, it's the only story I've ever read to have actually frightened me. It scared the crap out of me! Everyone should read it.
I just saw that movie not too long ago, it was entertaining. I have the Everything's Eventual book with that story in it, so one of these days I'll get around to reading that.
Quote by Thefallofman
King definitely has his weaker books, Bag of Bones, The Colorado Kid, Eyes of the Dragon, and Rose Matter come to mind. But overall, much of his work is strong.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
^
You're not very active on these forums anymore? What happened?

I don't have time for this like I used to. Plus to be honest, all we ever talk about is the same old shit anyway, and I think some people are scared to have conversations with me, so I tend to just not post anymore in case I get into an argument and get banned again. Im pretty sure next time its for good.

Quote by BrainDamage
I know. I'm deciding on whether or not to let you in

Like that's a difficult decision. I'm hardly going to corrupt your DC++ Hub. I like music too you know. And how long have we known each other for.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Slaughterhouse Five is a phenomenal book, but I think it overshadows some of Vonnegut's other work (Breakfast of Champions, Mother Night, and Jailbird), which is potentially better.

Quote by Derigiberble
I don't have time for this like I used to. Plus to be honest, all we ever talk about is the same old shit anyway, and I think some people are scared to have conversations with me, so I tend to just not post anymore in case I get into an argument and get banned again. Im pretty sure next time its for good.
I like having conversations with you But yeah, next ban is permanent for you.

Quote by Derigiberble
Like that's a difficult decision. I'm hardly going to corrupt your DC++ Hub. I like music too you know. And how long have we known each other for.
True. PM me a username/password, I'll register you and send you the address.

P.S.- I've got a shitload of Black Crowes I'm sure you'll enjoy
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by metalfan#3
Oh my .

I'd like to talk about literature. I'm actually thinking of PM'ing a mod to make an only literature/books thread in The Pit. But The Pit would probably explode if we did that.

So, favorite/least favorite books?

My favorite book is Fight Club, as is Chuck Palahniuk my favorite author. The guy is brilliant.

Also, I recently attempted to read Heart of Darkness, since I've heard good things (and it's what Apocalypse Now was based on) and I have to say it was MIND NUMBINGLY boring. I don't even want to talk about it.

My favorite book is Animal Farm... before you jump to conclusions, it was even before I liked Floyd! A Lesson Before Dying and Brave New World come to mind, also.

As for Heart Of Darkness, I'm a senior in High School and my AP English class just finished it. I have a lot of respect for Conrad, he's phenomenal with words (and English isn't his first language!), but it was the most tedious book I've ever read. It seems way overly complicated to me, but it's full of good ideas and points. I guess it's a good idea that's just boring for me. The good thing is that with that book done, everything else we do in AP will be easy!

I've only read one Vonnegut book- Cat's Cradle. In my Freshman English class we did a lot of silent reading, if we didn't have a book the teacher would just hand us something to read. He gave me Cat's Cradle. It was at the same time we read Animal Farm. My Dad kept going on and on about how there was a reason he gave me Cat's Cradle and that he wanted me to compare them or something. I just kept telling my Dad "He just handed me a book at random... you've never read Cat's Cradle or you'd understand that this was NOT his intention!". I couldn't stand it. Of course I was a Freshman, and don't really remember much of the book except for the repeated mentioning of Hoosiers and the favorite insult being "pissant". Maybe I need to give it another shot, but it's not too high on my list of books to read right now...
Hey, I'm Mike.
Animal Farm is absolutely amazing. I'd like to know why everyone here hates Gatsby. I thought it was a sweet book, with the exception of all of the random symbolism and underlying themes.
LOL
I'm reading The Great Gatsby right now, only about 3 pages in though.

^ Does that say something about yourself?

Quote by DownInAHole.
Animal Farm is absolutely amazing.

I thought that book was really overrated. 1984 as well.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.