Hey what´s up?!

Can someone please tell me something about the Epiphone Slash signature?!!
I know Epiphone is kinda infamouse but I just can´t afford the Gibson version.
So yeah playability, sound and so on...

thanx a lot
epiphone has much lighter guitars.all of the pickups they use are a little cheap though,and quality control isn't quite as good.just inspect the guitar.action on epiphone is typically medium, and the necks feel nice. usually good buys.
I recently saw the epi slash. I'm skeptical, but I wanna try it out before i make a final decision. He wouldn't stamp his name on a complete peice of crap...
search bar ts. there have been a ton of these threads in the last few weeks
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Don't bother with the Slash model. No reason to spend $700 to $800 just for the name. Buy yourself a regular Vintage Sunburst Epi LP standard and throw in some Seymour Duncans. 59' at the neck and either a JB or a Distortion at the bridge. That is exactly what I have done. You can check out my guitar on youtube. Search for my username Shadow3497 and you will find my videos.

Thanks TheBiz. That really is me on YouTube.

|
\ /
Last edited by berserker20 at Jan 29, 2008,
There are some guitar brands that bleed quality into every one of their instruments, and some brands that make some good guitars, and some total screw-ups. Epiphone is the latter brand. I would try any Epi guitar before you buy it to make sure it isn't messed up.

But to stay on topic, the Epiphone Slash is kinda hush-hush right now

EDIT: berserker20, if that really is you on YouTube...damn, you have a good setup!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by appetite4gnr
He wouldn't stamp his name on a complete peice of crap...

you underestimate the power of guitar marketing. not to bag on slash, but im sure he'd put his name on anything that'll make him money.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by berserker20
Don't bother with the Slash model. No reason to spend $700 to $800 just for the name. Buy yourself a regular Vintage Sunburst Epi LP standard and throw in some Seymour Duncans. 59' at the neck and either a JB or a Distortion at the bridge. That is exactly what I have done. You can check out my guitar on youtube. Search for my username Shadow3497 and you will find my videos.
That costs just as much.

An Epi LP standard Plus top is $549 now. The Slash Sig is $150 more.
Quote by shredhead22
you underestimate the power of guitar marketing. not to bag on slash, but im sure he'd put his name on anything that'll make him money.

actually, His face can be found on almost anything lately...
the new book, GH3, VW commercial, Action figures...
Quote by appetite4gnr
actually, His face can be found on almost anything lately...
the new book, GH3, VW commercial, Action figures...

my point exactly
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by berserker20

|
\ /

Wow man, you are really good. I really enjoyed the Zakk National Anthem. And damn man, those are some real cool axes. I love the Randy Rhoads polka dot V and the Rebel Les Paul.
Be cool.
Quote by berserker20

|
\ /

I am pretty sure that Slash uses Alnico II pickups so those would get you closer to slash tone.
either way, your better off finding an epi lp to suit your own taste, and like berserker said, drop some better duncans in it. you won't sound like slash regardless of your guitar...
Quote by appetite4gnr
either way, your better off finding an epi lp to suit your own taste, and like berserker said, drop some better duncans in it. you won't sound like slash regardless of your guitar...

In the end you may end up paying the same altogether now that I add it up so I guess it doesn't matter (sorry) but like appetite4gnr said find a LP and set up that suits you.

I only paid $300 for my standards. Didn't realize they went up that much in price ($549).
Quote by shredhead22

+1

Just look at the Kerry King and Zakk Wylde MG's....
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--