Hi all, first time poster, long time reader here!
I've been using this tab http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/l/lifehouse/hanging_by_a_moment_tab.htm
for the song Hanging by a Moment by Lifehouse on my acoustic guitar. It sounds pretty good for most of the song, my only question is what I should play during the lines that appear around the words "forgetting all I'm lacking" where its the single picked notes. In the audio file I have of him playing acoustically its strummed chords, and I don't know what those chords are, nor can I find them in any of the other tabs. If anyone could take a look or knows what these chords are and could tell me it would be greatly appreciated!

::Edit:: actually it starts with the line "I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go of"
Last edited by SEBattle2 at Jan 29, 2008,
I guess so, the track that I'm using is a little different from the studio version... Actually on the studio version its like 0:37 and starts with the words above.
On the version ive got (the No Name Face album version) at 0:37 it sounds like the bass player playing a variation of the intro riff.
If you were playing the song on a solo acoustic guitar im sure you could get away with just playing the intro riff or try to come up with your own variation of it.
I love Lifehouse

RIGHT BACK ON TOPIC.

The acoustic one?

Well after watching the acoustic version countless times on youtube and playing along with him, I've tried to guess and the chords come out something like this. Dropped D-flat.

eb |-----0-----0-----0-----|
Bb |-----0-----0-----0-----|
Gb |-----9-----9-----9-----|
Db |-----9-----9-----9-----|
Ab |-----x-----x-----9-----|
Db |-----9-----7-----0-----|

The strumming pattern isn't constant, watch the video (Watch the VH1 acoustic one for the best help). Oh and for the bridge (Theres nothing else to lose... etc etc), I play it this way and I guess its the same way Jason plays it after watching the vid.

eb |-----3-----2-----3-----2----|
Bb |-----0-----3-----0-----3----|
Gb |-----0-----2-----0-----4----|
Db |-----0-----0-----0-----4----|
Ab |-----x-----0-----x-----2----|
Db |-----5-----0-----5-----0----|

|-3-----0-----0-----|
|-0-----2-----0-----|
|-0-----2-----0-----|
|-0-----2-----2-----|
|-x-----0-----2-----|
|-5-----0-----2-----|
Play this bar over each time he sings "there is nothing else...."

Yep. Thats the way I play it anyway. Good luck with the song! ;D
Actually I found this video to have excellent shots of his guitar playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n10x3apnaGs&feature=related

Now I know that the intro I've been using is incorrect, and all the ones on the site are different, anyone mind taking a look and telling me how the beginning goes? I'm terrible at seeing what notes he's playing even though it's pretty easy to see his hands.
Haha. The guitar is in Drop D flat and the intro/signature riff is a repeat of this

eb|-------------------------|
Bb|-------------------------|
Gb|-------------------------|
Db|-----0-2-0-----0---5-4-0-|
Ab|---0-------0-0---0-------|
Db|-0-----------------------|

Yep. Play that and then play the chords I taught you in the previous post and you're good to go. Thats the way I play it anyway. Have fun learning! ;D

Oh and the notes that you learnt at first (the single notes during the chorus) thats the lead guitar line. So get a friend to play along ;D
OKAY I TRIED THE SONG AGAIN AND WATCHED VIDEO AND REALISED THE CHORDS I WAS PLAYING WAS WRONG. HERE ARE THE CORRECT ONES.

eb |-----0-----0-----0-----|
Bb |-----10----10---10-----|
Gb |-----9-----9-----9-----|
Db |-----0-----0-----0-----|
Ab |-----x-----x-----9-----|
Db |-----9-----7-----0-----|

Now you can have fun.