Right Now I'm looking for a nice chorus or phaser pedal. I'm looking at the MXR phase 90 and my price limit is around 120$

Edit: I don't need a super intense Chorus or Phaser i just want one for stuff like RHCP funky style stuff and such, because I play Hendrix RHCP mix like Blues/Rock
|
Last edited by Jamingguitarist at Jan 29, 2008,
For phasers check out the EHX Small Stone. The Phase 90 and it have two different sounds. As for chorus I really don't know but I've heard some good things about the EHX Small Clone.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Get a Nano Small Stone, it's got less of a volume drop than the Small Stone. Small Stone's are supposedly better than Phase 90's because the Phase 90 adds too much gain.

For the Chorus, maybe an EHX Small Clone, or a japanese Boss CE-2 from the '80s or something?

Phasers and Flangers are different.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Get a Nano Small Stone, it's got less of a volume drop than the Small Stone. Small Stone's are supposedly better than Phase 90's because the Phase 90 adds too much gain.

For the Chorus, maybe an EHX Small Clone, or a japanese Boss CE-2 from the '80s or something?

Phasers and Flangers are different.

This guy knows his stuff.

Gotta say though, Phase 90s are good phasers, as are the Phase 45s (hard to find, and probably more than you'd pay for a new Phase 90). Oh, and Phase 100s too.

Flanger? EHX Electric Mistress
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
This guy knows his stuff.

Gotta say though, Phase 90s are good phasers, as are the Phase 45s (hard to find, and probably more than you'd pay for a new Phase 90). Oh, and Phase 100s too.

Flanger? EHX Electric Mistress

<3

The Stone has more of a phasing rate than the Phase 90, so IMO, I prefer it. You may like the Phase 90, 45, or 100 more though, it's personal preference I guess.

And good call on the EM, Adam.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
^ Yeah man, I remember you from there
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
i have a script phase 90 clone, and it is indeed a gorgeous pedal. freaking awesome.

i like the small clone for chorus. i want one.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i have a script phase 90 clone, and it is indeed a gorgeous pedal. freaking awesome.

i like the small clone for chorus. i want one.

+1 for the script

I have a MXR custom shop script phase 90 and prefer it to the regular one.
The EVH phase 90 can switch between the two, though the difference isn't extreme.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
lol mine has a depth knob!!! beat that.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You suck!

That would actually be pretty cool
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
for hendrix stuff you want a univibe type pedal
i have a voodoo labs micro vibe that i love
for RCHP chourus you want a CE1
they are rediculously expensive
the voodoo labs analog chourus is a clone of that
but is a little pricy for you i think
the small clone is great i own one
the nano small stone is a great all around phaser
Get the H20 dual pedal. It's got both in one.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by ECistheBest
lol mine has a depth knob!!! beat that.

You should really make me one!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I recently compared the Nano Small Stone with the MXR Phase 90, and chose the Nano Small Stone.

The Nano Small Stone is 2/3 the price of the Phase 90, and has a "colour" switch to provide a broader spectrum of available sounds. The Phase 90 has a slightly different sound -- I noticed a wee bit of gain added to the signal -- but I found the Nano Small Stone to sound more lush. Also, the knob on the Small Stone provided a broader sweep of available tones.

In the final analysis, they are both good pedals -- I don't think you can go wrong with either. I just preferred the Nano Small Stone.
i would try the nano small stone and a phase 90. if you prefer the 90, spend the extra money for the custom shop script reissue. the older 90s were much better, and if the new custom shop ones are closer to that then the block ones, then its worth it. or if you like the 90, maybe go for a BYOC phaser. supposed to be a clone of the script phase 90 with an extra knob. i dont know how you can go wrong with that.
i own the current production phase 90 and a nano small stone
they are good for different things
but if you can only have one
nano small stone
its more versitile
Quote by Steve BP
I recently compared the Nano Small Stone with the MXR Phase 90, and chose the Nano Small Stone.

The Nano Small Stone is 2/3 the price of the Phase 90, and has a "colour" switch to provide a broader spectrum of available sounds. The Phase 90 has a slightly different sound -- I noticed a wee bit of gain added to the signal -- but I found the Nano Small Stone to sound more lush. Also, the knob on the Small Stone provided a broader sweep of available tones.

In the final analysis, they are both good pedals -- I don't think you can go wrong with either. I just preferred the Nano Small Stone.

Likewise.
Now I just have to decide when to buy it.

So many pedals on my list
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I play a small stone...i a/b'd it right beside a phase 90 (and I was dead set on the phase 90). The small stone was thicker and richer sounding. Plus the color switch adds even more variation to the mix. And with my NYC version, I can easily adjust the settings on the fly with my foot
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge