Well the other day I was browsing the Sound Control stores website and noticed this mesa amp, the f-30 combo, had been reduced from £1,100 to £799 and I was intrigued. I went to my local sound control but the f-30 was out of stock but they mentioned they could easily order one in, so yeah they did. It should arrive at the shop next weekend. I was just wondering have any of you guys had experience with this amp? Is it any good? Also what styles would it do? I've heard mesa amps are supposed to be really good quality, plus would this amp be any good for metal? Thanks
i have the F-50. it is, you guessed it, the same as the 30 watt but 50 watts. and i love it. gorgeous cleans and the distortion can get pretty heavy if you leave contour on. which i do. and when you leave it off you get an older school almost sabbath type OD. i found my sound with the F-50, the only thing id like to do now is maybe tighten it up with an overdrive. just dont know which one yet.

basically, i think you are going to love the amp if you love versatility.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Don't the 30s use different power tubes?

I played a 30 at Guitar Center for a short time and really liked the sound. At moderate but still comfortable volume using a cheap POS Schecter it had a good amount of oomph.
Hi, I'm Peter
my 50 uses 6L6s and im pretty sure the 30 uses the same....but then again, i have been wrong before....

and yea, it is a really punchy amp when you EQ it right....i effing love the thing to death. wish i could keep it in my dorm room. had to settle for my behringer gmx210 and squire here at school. makes me feel like a noob again. in a bad way. but i dont want to bring the good stuff to school just to have a roommate spill beer on it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The F-30 uses EL84s rather than 6L6s, which are used in the 50 and 100.
Hi, I'm Peter
I tried it a store, and I didn't like it at all. sounded weak
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I played the F-30 and really disliked it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.