Page 1 of 2
I don't get this at all. Why even bother wasting time on them? I always notice when people become friends with Exs somebody ends up getting hurt. Usually the guy.

Am I missing something here?
Sometimes people mature and learn to appreciate each other's company without thinking about sex.
Because theres no point hating someone for the rest of your life.
or your still friends, and it just isnt working in a relationship

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

that people are dumb bitches. yeah i noticed that too. its stupid. my friend was like that. he got hurt about 15 separate times. i laughed each time too.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
yup, my girlfriend broke up with me...and shes done the whole "we HAVE to still be friends" thing with me, because we've known each other for uhh, 7 years? im not sure...but still, it f****n sucks,
but its harder to know you're not even going to talk to that person anymore...so i dunno, works both sides of the fence :]
well, me and my exes are still friends. they aren't bad people.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
cause u could still be reli good m8s with your girlfriend, often why u break up with them if it is teh case, but yeh i like to be m8s with Ex's its reli imature to break up with someone and advoid em for ever, unless your **** at brekaing up with people and you fuc it up
I always felt that if they were worth being in love with, then they're worth being friends with.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I always felt that if they were worth being in love with, then they're worth being friends with.

Same here, my ex is now one of my best friends. Obviously you don't HAVE to be, but I still talk to all my ex gfs.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
Quote by Aziraphale
Sometimes people mature and learn to appreciate each other's company without thinking about sex.

LOL good one man, good one!
Quote by hadesdaman
Same here, my ex is now one of my best friends. Obviously you don't HAVE to be, but I still talk to all my ex gfs.

I don't apply it to all of them. Most of them weren't worth loving. However, there are a few that are still genuinely good people, and are therefore worthy of my time. Though, for the most part, we're not as close as we used to be.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by callum2903
cause u could still be reli good m8s with your girlfriend, often why u break up with them if it is teh case, but yeh i like to be m8s with Ex's its reli imature to break up with someone and advoid em for ever, unless your **** at brekaing up with people and you fuc it up

Holy crap, is English your first language?
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Quote by Aziraphale

Agreed, if the relationship actualy went past the physical and ment anything at all people like to carry on with a relationship even after they split...
Quote by callum2903

Why oh why? *hopes that someone catches the time signaturey, tooly reference*

And yes, because they might still be friendly and nice people that you don't want to loose contact with.

Unless they cheated on you.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by hadesdaman

Opposite for me, one of my best friends is now my ex and we're not on speaking terms for whatever reasons, after she left me for some absolute asshole with a bag full of weed. Man her ass was fine
ohai little sig.
I've never had a girlfriend, but it seems to me that an awful lot (I'm not saying all, but a lot) of teenage relationships don't really mean anything. It's just realising that you're friends with a girl, and you can go a bit further and turn your friend into something to share saliva with and stick your **** into. Then 2 weeks later, you hate each other. What's the point?

I can understand if you truly have feelings for one another. I respect that. But it seems like so few people really do. I know guys who change girlfriends every month or so. Do they just get tired of having sex with the same person? Stupid, if you ask me.

I'd rather be good friends for a long time, than in a relationship for a month.
With most of my relationships, the girl and I started as friends first. We would say "hey, we like each other, why not give a relationship a shot?"

Well, eventually we would discover that we worked a lot better as friends than as a couple, and would go back to being friends. Not really a big deal.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by callum2903

wut teh fuxx arr u tahkin about?

on topic, because sometimes they are nice, friendly people

Jack my swag
Quote by Demonikk
Opposite for me, one of my best friends is now my ex and we're not on speaking terms for whatever reasons, after she left me for some absolute asshole with a bag full of weed. Man her ass was fine

Hey man dont feel bad. She just loved weed more than she loved you, i mean who doesnt love weed?
Quote by Aziraphale

Exactly, and if you thought at one point that a relationship could work then you should at least be able to tolerate each other's presence. Unless it was a really messy breakup or something.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Because for me to have gone out with them in the first place there must have been something there.
Other than the first one, I don't want to see her ever again.
The last one is cutting it fine too.
Quote by sashki
turn your friend into something to share saliva with and stick your **** into. Then 2 weeks later, you hate each other.

you make it sound so creepy haha

i'm going to say it's because somebody always feels like there's something worth salvaging, and decides that it's best to drag the other person down with them.
Quote by highway62
Hey man dont feel bad. She just loved weed more than she loved you, i mean who doesnt love weed?

I don't.

And I think it's a pretty shady thing to choose a plant over someone. But that's just me.
Quote by vintage x metal

Personally, I very rarely do because I always end on bad terms with boyfriends. That said, there are two who I still count as friends. Or did, when I used to see them at all. I see everyone as either a friend or partner, and it's disconcerting switching so suddenly between the two =/
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I'm best friends with my ex.

Because when we were together for the 2 years. We were becoming more like best friends rather than a couple in the last 2 months.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by highway62

Actually I only liked her for her peachy ass and her gentle musk and taste of weed :P
Yeh that'll work as an excuse...
ohai little sig.
Because sometimes they know they enjoy each other's company without the romance.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I'm always good friends after breaking up, I don't move away then come back I'm almost always their friend. But sometimes I regret breaking up with them later on... sooo...
Quote by sashki
[Long assrant]

I don't know where the hell you live lol.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by cody733
you make it sound so creepy haha

That's what I see in it. It looks like that's all there is. At my school, when new students come at the beginning of the year, within maybe 2 weeks, they're in a relationship, making out in the corridors at any given opportunity.

WTF?

Maybe it's just me cos I'm antisocial, but in 2 weeks, I can't even establish a good friendship, nevermind romantic relations.

And I heard that even when you're "going out" (which as I learned, has nothing to do with taking a girl out to dinner or the movies) it's a month or so before you begin to kiss. But in 2 weeks?
Quote by ..NEM..
I don't know where the hell you live lol.

Switzerland lol.

It's not the country. It's just me, cos I'm weird and immature.
Generally I can't become friends with them afterwards... I always find I end up disliking them after a break-up (yes, even if it's me doing the dumping).

I can still talk to them and be totally civil, I just can't hang out with them or confide in them like I could when we went out. I honestly don't even feel a need to be friends. We dated, we had sex, we broke up, why does that mean we have to be friends all of a sudden? Guilt?
Quote by highway62
In hope of becoming sex buddys.

I got 3 months of sex with my ex after we split up . The sex after we split up was better than before .

I still spend quite a bit of time with her during school hours (she goes out with someone else now, and does nothing but complain about him) - and I know she still wants me . It's only a matter of time.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by sashki
Switzerland lol.

It's not the country. It's just me, cos I'm weird and immature.

Well, most people I know have been togheter for like 1-2 years. But then you have the "preps" and the "cool" guys who are togheter for like a couple of weeks and then split up.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by giantsfanftw
So for the guys who are great friends with Ex's

I'm guessing you deep down want them back?

Yes, I want to go back to being miserable.

In some instances, people really do make better friends than girlfriends, and for those people, I can manage to be friends with.
Quote by vintage x metal

all of my ex's and my current girlfriend were good friends before.. and are now..
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
because you dont have to hate people if the serious relationship fails, and because there was something that kept you together besides sex, so if that is preserved then a great friendship can be formed
Page 1 of 2