Page 1 of 2
no. music could be considered poetry, theres metaphors/similies, rhythm, rhyme schemes, etc.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
By ignorant close minded fools: Yes

By people who don't suck: No.

I don't see how any one can be like "Oh man those words you wrote aren't manly cuz they express your feelings. You have no balls. RAAAG. I like breasts of various sizes but I can't express that using words so I bottle up my urges!!!"

I like breasts of various sizes and poetry.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
No, poetry is a great way to express yourself.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I imagine it depends on what you're writing about.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
only if you buy into the stereotypes guys are supposed to live up to, but if you're not a total waste of space then no...
poetry is fine as long as you write about death, satan, ect...

In all seriousness, poetry is fine.
No. As people mature they realise that the arts aren't necessarily for pussies. In fact, writing poetry will probably get you more respect than less. It's only considered a bad thing by ignorant fools, and who needs their opinion anyway? They're the ones shaving their heads and puffing on cancer sticks until they get hit by a car while drunk driving.

And songs are not 'poetry to music' for God's sake.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
7% of what you say is affected by the words you use. so technically the most "sissy" poems could be more mascualine than chuck norris by the way theyre read. if ya get me..
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
No, but if you're bad at it and use big words and choose dramatic themes then people will think you're pretentious (or at least I will:p
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
No. Because if Shakespeare was alive, he'd be richer than Hollywood, more famous than Oprah, and have more women on his tail than all the pretty boys combined.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Patti Smith is personally my favorite poet.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by kikaykitko
No. Because if Shakespeare was alive, he'd be richer than Hollywood, more famous than Oprah, and have more women on his tail than all the pretty boys combined.

If Shakespeare was alive today he'd be a zombie, and I just think none of the things you said are true.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by StreetLight3989
Patti Smith is personally my favorite poet.

I heard she writes with Rimbaud's arm.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
No. As people mature they realise that the arts aren't necessarily for pussies. In fact, writing poetry will probably get you more respect than less. It's only considered a bad thing by ignorant fools, and who needs their opinion anyway? They're the ones shaving their heads and puffing on cancer sticks until they get hit by a car while drunk driving.

And songs are not 'poetry to music' for God's sake.

This entire sentence describes Layne Staley. And Chris Cornell for awhile there.
Quote by vintage x metal

Hello no, poetry is only "sissy" to people with closed minds and pro-masculine bastards

Without poetry there wouldn't be music. Poetry is an art form and is not "sissy" at all
Yeah, Edgar Allan Poe is considered sissy... shut up I'm right

/bad excuse for sarcasm
Part of the Conan O'Brien is a genius group.
PM Garlik to join

Quote by X\Chazza/X

Anyway, long hair and a foreign accent, aren't you a hit with the laydeees?

Quote by CollinPlaysBass

Backstreet Boys > Beatles
Some of its wussy. Especially what they make you study in school. But the real deal, W.B.Yeats, Shakespheare, those guys know their sh*t
Of course not. I write poetry and you can't get more manly than me.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
poetry itself isn't sissy. it really depends on what the poetry is about. If it's about some inner reflection on life, or anything else, then no it's not sissy, but the poet is constantly righting about....fluffy-ass kittens and saving the dolphins, then yeah, they're sissy. However, I hardly hear of fluffy kitteh/save the dolphin type poetry.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by sloppyjoe24
poetry itself isn't sissy. it really depends on what the poetry is about. If it's about some inner reflection on life, or anything else, then no it's not sissy, but the poet is constantly righting about....fluffy-ass kittens and saving the dolphins, then yeah, they're sissy. However, I hardly hear of fluffy kitteh/save the dolphin type poetry.

From the tips of their tails
To the ends of their nose
Along twitchy long whiskers
And small padded toes
I adore little kittens
They're simply divine
If the world was my way
They would all be mine.

Sissy, or awesome?

-Matthew Arnold

Umm... poetry is the basis of lyrics in music... so... if you see a guy who says its sissy and is singing fall out boy or whatever the hell the popular band is now, tells him that he's a hippocrite and explain why.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by Dinkydaisy
From the tips of their tails
To the ends of their nose
Along twitchy long whiskers
And small padded toes
I adore little kittens
They're simply divine
If the world was my way
They would all be mine.

Sissy, or awesome?

uh.. both?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i think its very sissy when your dealing with spoilt middle kids who are trying to be tortured souls like Morissey when they have NOTHING to worry about.

poetry, on the whole, is not sissy at all, but it is when used as a way to ehance your already contrived image
Poetry is the ultimate form of expression. If that's sissy, blow me. I'm a tough guy and love poetry.

I just don't like it when pretentious, academic types use it as a way to look intellectual.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

I like breasts of various sizes and poetry.

I love the rising of the woman's breast
I'd love to motorboat that perfect chest.
To what do I owe this eternal debt?
Why, to poetry, it makes a woman wet.

I read from my journal to her, my favorite bits;
With the subtle hope, that she'll show me her tits.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader

You have me

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by The Leader

Page 1 of 2