Page 1 of 2
what do you think?

I think guitars will turn completely digital, with LED sensors for strings and 100% digital sound. Rap will turn into Cannibal Corpse with more understandable words and the 'metalheads' will all be listeing to noise/speedcore crap. The lowest of the lows will have no guitars, but a 6 sting bass tuned down and itll be at 1 BPM.
Music will suck in 2108 D:
Last edited by RPGoof at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by RPGoof
what do you think?

I think guitars will turn completely digital, with LED sensors for strings and 100% digital sound. Rap will turn into Cannibal Corpse with more understandable words and the 'metalheads' will all be listeing to noise/speedcore crap. The lowest of the lows will have no guitars, but a 6 sting bass tuned down at 1 BPM.

Do you mean hertz by any chance?
real rock shall revive soon and reign for 503.5 years duh...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
in a 100 years we'll be thrust back into time and we'll be recording music on large disk shaped rocks
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
um okay.....

personally this is an interesting topic since the 20th/21st centuries are really the first to have mainstream popular music. I actually wonder if in say 200 years what people's reaction would be to led zeppelin.

but no, your vision is crap because there's always gonna be someone who wants the vibration of the string through their fingers and why there won't be tuned down noise and impossibly low crap of which you speak, because music is a form of art and harmony and song craft will never die.
there will always be music.. always
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by RPGoof
what do you think?

I think guitars will turn completely digital, with LED sensors for strings and 100% digital sound. Rap will turn into Cannibal Corpse with more understandable words and the 'metalheads' will all be listeing to noise/speedcore crap. The lowest of the lows will have no guitars, but a 6 sting bass tuned down and itll be at 1 BPM.

Tuned to 1 BEAT PER MINUTE
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
Join My Group For Keeping Guitar Alive!

Join!

In my sig, btw!

Why are they going somewhere?

It will be more effects oriented. New effects will come along and bands will start to strive for the newest sounds instead of fitting into a genre. It doesn't matter because I will always listen to Punk and Ska.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
i think everythings gonna mash together. it'll be rappers who scream and the backing track will be classical music on guitar with a live band playing country music
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
um okay.....

personally this is an interesting topic since the 20th/21st centuries are really the first to have mainstream popular music. I actually wonder if in say 200 years what people's reaction would be to led zeppelin.

but no, your vision is crap because there's always gonna be someone who wants the vibration of the string through their fingers and why there won't be tuned down noise and impossibly low crap of which you speak, because music is a form of art and harmony and song craft will never die.

ever listen to extreme death metal? thats not music, its the next closest thing to noise. but metal is gaining popularity, and it'll grow over the years.
I won't really care, as I'll be dead.

edit- ^ololololol death metal isn't music ololololol...
Ok seriously, stfu. All music is just noise, ffs.
Last edited by shred745 at Jan 29, 2008,
I think we'll either live in silence, techno/trance at 1000000000bpm or some insane industrial desert-themed technical sludge death metal
ohai little sig.
Quote by stringmagician

Tuned to 1 BEAT PER MINUTE

WE'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Seriously, it'll happen
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
There is absolutely no way to predict such things. I'm sure that if there was a way to hear music being made in 2108 today, most people would hate it. Just think about it, 100 years ago heavily distorted guitars were considered noise. Today, 5 men screaming atonally with no defined rhythm is considered noise. Perhaps that will be popularly listened to in 100 year's time. I'm sure some people will say "but it's impossible for that to be considered music because of blah blah blah" but people will be born and their first forays into music will be this kind of thing. Younger people are ALWAYS more accepting of new music because it's what they're used to, simple as that.

There's no way to predict what it will be like but it will most certainly be different.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
actually, that's really interesting to think about....I mean just think 100 years ago was still (pretty much) the romantic period, with emotionally expressive orchestral pieces and the like.

I can't even imagine what music will be like in 100 years, rock will surely die ONE day, right?
Quote by duncang
There is absolutely no way to predict such things. I'm sure that if there was a way to hear music being made in 2108 today, most people would hate it. Just think about it, 100 years ago heavily distorted guitars were considered noise. Today, 5 men screaming atonally with no defined rhythm is considered noise. Perhaps that will be popularly listened to in 100 year's time. I'm sure some people will say "but it's impossible for that to be considered music because of blah blah blah" but people will be born and their first forays into music will be this kind of thing. Younger people are ALWAYS more accepting of new music because it's what they're used to, simple as that.

There's no way to predict what it will be like but it will most certainly be different.

Hey someone who gets what im saying.
Take a 50 year old man who listens to big band and give him metal, he will turn off the noise. Taken a 14 year old guy and give him metal, he will headbang and eat a baby. Now put that evolution into 100 years time and see where it goes...

plus the fact that rap has gone from actually sort of kind of music to just blaring bass and cussing about gettin some
what a question.

i'm SURE no one 100 years ago believed that anyone ever ever ever would enjoy listening to modern 't3h br00talz!!111!!!!1!!ELEVEN!1!!!1!' (which i personally do enjoy, no flames please ), however it has happened. technology and trends evolve so quickly these days that its scary to imagine where music will be.

i dare say there may be a new and more innovative instrument than guitar that will form its own super-genre, as rock has for guitar.

i'm not sure that bringing back 'real' rock is even feasible today. i believe its too far gone
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Last edited by FLNagle at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by duncang

+1
Also, this doesn't mean there won't be ANY melodic music in the future- people have enjoyed a good melody since the beginning of civilization- but as duncang said, music will certainly change a lot over the years.
Quote by FLNagle
what a question.

i'm SURE no one 100 years ago believed that anyone ever ever ever would enjoy listening to modern 't3h br00talz!!111!!!!1!!ELEVEN!1!!!1!', however it has happened. technology and trends evolve so quickly these days that its scary to imagine where music will be.

i dare say there may be a new and more innovative instrument than guitar that will form its own super-genre, as rock has for guitar.

i'm not sure that bringing back 'real' rock is even feasible today. i believe its too far gone

That's a good point actually, the guitar wasn't even around 100 years ago (I'm not 100% sure about acoustic, but electric certainly wasn't)

who knows what'll be the next instrument.....

and better yet, the next ultimate-something website....
Quote by FLNagle
what a question.

i'm SURE no one 100 years ago believed that anyone ever ever ever would enjoy listening to modern 't3h br00talz!!111!!!!1!!ELEVEN!1!!!1!' (which i personally do enjoy, no flames please ), however it has happened. technology and trends evolve so quickly these days that its scary to imagine where music will be.

Well, back in the day they thought that synthesisers and entirely computer generated music was going to be the future and that guitars would become obscolete very quickly. Obviously that hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will for a good while, at least not until digitally created sounds can actually match the tone of a real instrument. I suppose though, the electric guitar never sounded like an acoustic guitar.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by RPGoof
ever listen to extreme death metal? thats not music, its the next closest thing to noise.

Eeejit.

I have no idea. Perhaps humanity won't even exist in a hundred years.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by RPGoof
what do you think?

In 2108 technology will be significantly more advanced, leading to even more musical possibilities. Of course there will always be conservation of the classics from baroque, romantic and classical periods, as well as the crusade of classic rock and metal fans who refuse to accept new music, like you.

It all comes down to the creativity of new composers and the technology they are offered. I hope we get some really innovative synthesis technology, but I can't think of what more we could want, as it's so advanced right now.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
In 2108 technology will be significantly more advanced, leading to even more musical possibilities. Of course there will always be conservation of the classics from baroque, romantic and classical periods, as well as the crusade of classic rock and metal fans who refuse to accept new music, like you.

It all comes down to the creativity of new composers and the technology they are offered. I hope we get some really innovative synthesis technology, but I can't think of what more we could want, as it's so advanced right now.

WUT
I accept new music, except that it's not really music anymore. I define music as, lets say, some classic rock or some blues. Melodies. I don't think Job for a Cowboy is really much of music... although I do listen to them.
my grandkids will still be listenin to TechDeath
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by RPGoof
WUT
I accept new music, except that it's not really music anymore. I define music as, lets say, some classic rock or some blues. Melodies. I don't think Job for a Cowboy is really much of music... although I do listen to them.

Urgh. Music doesn't have to have melody. You don't see people saying that percussive tribal music isn't music, do you?
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by RPGoof
WUT
I accept new music, except that it's not really music anymore.

Translation: I do not accept new music.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Industrial hxc death metal FTW.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Everyone knows the world ends in 2011, so music won't be anywhere.

Didn't the infallible Mayans (well they failed at surviving, I guess) say it was 2012?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Ahaha I thought this thread was called "Will there be music in 100 years" and I was gonna laugh at you.

In any case, there's no point in speculating, as arts develop in such a spontaneous way. There could be an even catastrophic in size that happens tomorrow morning at 4:31 AM that could alter music and the arts for the next fifty years.
There's going to be major change in the music industry though. Record companies will not be able to beat downloading. Bands and their labels are going to have to figure out how to market their product in this day and age. And I can promise you that is going to effect what we hear in one way or another.
DOWN&OUT
Hmmm. In 100 years, they will have cloned Jimmy page, and every member of The Rolling Stones. Rock shall be revived. Techno will also be cool.
Quote by matt bickerton
That's a good point actually, the guitar wasn't even around 100 years ago (I'm not 100% sure about acoustic, but electric certainly wasn't)

who knows what'll be the next instrument.....

and better yet, the next ultimate-something website....

Well, it came from the lute, which has existed for much more than 100 years. I'm guessing whatever comes around in a century, you could look at it and say, "That reminds me of a guitar."
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Whatever it is, I probably won't like it. Mostly because you usually won't see old people listening to Cannibal Corpse or something along those lines.
Page 1 of 2