Poll: Should you care where your girlfriend/boyfriend works?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should you care where your girlfriend/boyfriend works?
Yes, i don't want them to be in gay/bad environments.
17 15%
No, as long as its not on the street corners...
75 64%
It all comes down to where they work..
13 11%
Jobs are for pussies.
12 10%
Voters: 117.
Page 1 of 2
So my girlfriend called me and said that she just got done with an interview with the hollister clothes store at our local mall. I kinda got pissed when she told me though. and i guess for two reasons:
1. I hate that store and its stupid apparel and the image it poses on the people who wear the clothes from there.
2. I know some dudes who work there who are the grade A jackass high school assshole, and I've know how these dudes act and i don't want her near them for long periods of time.
3. Out of all the places in the world, why do you have to work there?!11

I told her I wasn't cool with that, and she got real pissed.... so my question is:

Should you take where your significant other's work into consideration? or was i just being dumb ...?
It's a job, be happy for her.

You were being dumb.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Hollister is for pussies. You can beat that kids ass if you need to.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
It doesn't matter that much. You gotta earn money somehow. I'd do it, if I didn't have a choice. I wouldn't wear a single hollister item, though.

Anyway, I'd probably be innappropriate for the job, cos I'm immature and have less fashion sense than Pete Wentz has masculinity.
Its so sad that not everyone can be as inconforming as you, TS.
Quote by A_New_Level
Hollister is for pussies. You can beat that kids ass if you need to.

1) The kid is his girlfriend. Girls usually posses pussies. Usually.

2)Do you normally beat up girls, or just ones that try to create a little independence for themselves through making money?
I think you were being dumb. Just let her work and get income. If you're angry about the guys there, I wouldn't date a girl who would cheat on me with them. If you're angry about the people who wear the clothes; I'm almost positive not all of them are the same. Don't generalize. If you're angry about the actual clothes themselves; Just get over it. They're clothes. If you're angry because she chose to work there; I'd just get over it.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Beat his gf's ass?

The "high school jackass" that works there.
Well, at least she's not performing abortions or testing biochemical weapons. Just deal with it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm confused. I googled hollister, and it came up with this. So you're gf is selling medical supplies?
Quote by flame843
How about you give her some freedom to do what she wants?

Are you joking? I thought we were in communist China.
My last girlfriend was pretty preppy and wore a lot of that hollister and abercrombie **** that I hate, but I loved her enough to not give a **** what she wore.

Plus it was always funny to see the other chicks like her reacting to seeing her with a guy that looks like Cliff Burton.
Founder and Gaz of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim club. PM me to join.

The Metal Militia
"Banging that head that doesn't bang!"

Quote by -Vogel-
All bow down for the mighty Holy Wars
Your poll sucks. And learn to count.

Quote by MightyAl
I'm confused. I googled hollister, and it came up with this. So you're gf is selling medical supplies?

Its a clothing store for "preppy" kids. And its quality clothing, if I could afford to shop there, I would.
Quote by Capua47
Yes, i don't want them to be in gay/bad environments.
This made me even more confident that you're being stupid.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Its so sad that not everyone can be as inconforming as you, TS.

1) The kid is his girlfriend. Girls usually posses pussies. Usually.

2)Do you normally beat up girls, or just ones that try to create a little independence for themselves through making money?

I was talking about the kid he knows that works there that is an asshole and doesnt want his gf around.
um. it's a clothing store. it's over-priced, yes, but it's just a clothing store. and her employment there affects you in no way. drop your stupid high school reservations about it and just be glad your girlfriend has a job.

on a similar note, i knew this girl who got a job there. she was kind of ugly, so i was surprised when she told me, since they tend to hire...you know, good looking people. anyway, it turned out they kept her in the back, lifting heavy boxes and shit.
Quote by MightyAl
It's a mainstream clothing store...And, although I can't prove this, I think the reason a lot (not all) of people hate it is because it's popular, trendy, and people just want to be noncomformist.
Quote by A_New_Level
The "high school jackass" that works there.

Yeah I didn't pay attention, I deleted my post...
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MightyAl

No, Hollister is a preppy clothing brand in the US.

over priced clothing, a pair of jeans with holes in the legs cost over $100 USD most of the time
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
be happy she wants to work and have a job and stuff, but yeah, that sucks man, especially holister and assholes =/
I breathe air.
Quote by SilentDeftone
You're an idiot. Be happy she wants to work and make money instead of sponging off your lazy ass.

-SD

+1

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by icon_player_5
No, Hollister is a preppy clothing brand in the US.

over priced clothing, a pair of jeans with holes in the legs cost over $100 USD most of the time

All my jeans have holes in the legs. It's how my feet get out...

Yes, I know you mean extra holes. Why not just buy cheap ass jeans and rip them yourself?
I have a lot of friends who work at hollister/ a&f. I don't think that really defines your personality. It only defines you if you let it. You are embracing a stereotype despite the fact that you insist you are nonconformist. People like you are so full of **** its unbelievable.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
I would fear for her health though, they pump enough cheap cologne in there to drown a puppy.
let her work there, you were being an idiot for getting mad. shes your girlfriend for chrissakes, you should be thrilled she got a job
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
let her work there, you were being an idiot for getting mad. shes your girlfriend for chrissakes, you should be thrilled she got a job

+1. Now she can buy YOU stuff.
Quote by A_New_Level
I was talking about the kid he knows that works there that is an asshole and doesnt want his gf around.

Well, in that case, I think he should dump her because she obviously deserves a decent, secure boyfriend who isn't a judgmental asswipe.
I think you should just let her work there. I would apologize and be happy for her. Be grateful you have a responsible girlfriend that is willing to work and get money for herself. In fact I would kill for a girl that makes the effort to work. I don't know many girls that don't mooch off of their parents for money.

I'm glad at least you didn't pull the "zomg hollister is so fukking retarted is for st00pid prepyyzzz hot topic is sooo much better lolz" card.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Last edited by thrashfan at Jan 29, 2008,
-This job will pay very well.
-Your girlfriend will be happy.
-You'll possibly get free clothes from her.

I don't see the problem. I'd love to work at Hollister, but there are none around.
Dickless.
my friend claims that working at a Hollister ruined her brother. apparently he gained Ego Boost +300 and spent all the time showboating/bragging etc. after getting the job. now my source could be biased, so watch out. i'm just relaying the information.

that said, i think it could only get bad if she lets it. heck, i imagine being a janitor COULD make you feel worthless, if you decide to view the job that way.

i dont feel that the way you worded the poll in this thread is really relevant to the thread. it seems more like 'is it bad to work at X' than 'is it bad to care where they work'
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
where's the "you're an idiot" option? Stop being so anti-scene you retard. Get on with what you want to do rather than complain about what other people do.
I hope your girlfriends interview went well, wish her good luck from me (assuming she knows that you're talking about her on the internet)!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
That's ridiculous. Yeah, you should care about where they work, but Hollister? There's nothing wrong with that store.

Clothes=Clothes.
Page 1 of 2