Page 1 of 4
I saw something like this and was wondering what you guys thought about.
In your opinion, where do you think Hardcore/Metalcore/Deathcore/etc. will be in 10 Years. I feel that hardcore itself wont see a drastic change in sound, and will still be easily seen as hardcore. But I do feel that genericore bands will peak in hopefully 5 years, and slowly die out. Unfortunately, I do feel the new victim of fads will be metalcore/deathcore bands drowning songs in sweeps. I can already see it, more and more bands are incorporating (some very poorly) sweep picking and tapping into their songs.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
gone.
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
poorly incorporated sweeps for suuuure

but many awesome bands are to come from this

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
if it changes too much, there will definitely be a surge of bands trying to capture the original hardcore sound if the fanbase hates what it changes into too much.
hopefully not sucking, and if it does perhaps i'll start a band and try to change that.
i disagree i think metalcore is on the rise nd there are plenty of great bands coming up...but as for harcore...idk...i dont want it to happen but i think therell be a huge decrease in the number of bands that play it and play it well
I hope they all die lol with the exception of a few bands. THe hardcore/Metalcore scene is tremendously bad.. I hate all hardcore kids with a passion. I tried starting a circle pit at a Black Dahlia murder show.. didn't work so well.. fuc*ing hardcore kids..
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Something tells me I drew in the metal forum instead of the hardcore forum
Which means most of the post in this thread = fail.
without fun
hope you had a good time
Hopefully dead and buried.

It's in the right forum and all, but sadly it landed on the front page too

Quote by tomohawkjoe
Something tells me I drew in the metal forum instead of the hardcore forum
Which means most of the post in this thread = fail.

Exactly.
its already survived for like 20. why not 10 more?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
it will either be a 90s revival or will be leading towards crust punx

metalcore will be dead

deathcore will just be what is considered death metal at the time
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by pmeg568c
its already survived for like 20. why not 10 more?

I don't think hardcore will die out, not by a long shot man, I was just curious as to what direction it will take.
without fun
hope you had a good time
the way i see it; a band with somewhat rare talent will take what they know of the genre and incorporate something fresh, get huge - then a bunch of fringe toting faggots will copy it.

rinse and repeat.
All those "core" will definately not last out for 10 years. I'd say there are almost hitting the peak now and will probably die out within 5 years. Why? Most of them suck. There are a few exceptions in there, but for the most part, at least with metalcore, every song sounds excatly the same. Way too much emphasis on the Sweeps, Kick Drums, and ****ty pop-sounding choruses.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Still sleeping on his mom's couch and sneaking out to go to shows. Lazy, good for nothing...

But no, in 10 years nu-thrash will be passing as the new trend and I think Zay G might be right about the next direction. And then in 15 everyone will wanna sound like Hatebreed.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by Hammett5
I hope they all die lol with the exception of a few bands. THe hardcore/Metalcore scene is tremendously bad.. I hate all hardcore kids with a passion. I tried starting a circle pit at a Black Dahlia murder show.. didn't work so well.. fuc*ing hardcore kids..

Sorry for the double post but...

CIRCLE PITS ARE HARDCORE, FUC KSTAIN.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by STABxYOU
Sorry for the double post but...

CIRCLE PITS ARE HARDCORE, FUC KSTAIN.

WHAT no they are so not! They are ****ing thrash and if anything a rip off of punk pits which is a circle pit but with skanking. **** that its not hardcore at all. Hardcore is that gay ass hardcore dancing. **** THAT ****.
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
(good) metalcore will still be around, the deathcore fad will be gone, i'm not sure about hardcore, but it still we be there.
I have a feeling more bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Trivium are going to get more popular and will eventually get a lot of radioplay, meanwhile the creators of the crapcore genre (A7X, Trivium, BFMV etc.) singers are going to lose there voices even more and some of them may get into hard drugs. Then some new fad will kick in and it will go back mostly into the underground or at least it will just be a lot less popular (kind of like what happened to nu-metal).
Quote by Hammett5
WHAT no they are so not! They are ****ing thrash and if anything a rip off of punk pits which is a circle pit but with skanking. **** that its not hardcore at all. Hardcore is that gay ass hardcore dancing. **** THAT ****.

Thrash came from hardcore punk, bud. Metallica were big punk fans, and Slayer cover Minor Threat live.
Also, Hardcore is a genre of punk. If you don't know anything aboiut hardcore, don't talk ****.
I dont know about trends, but hardcore has been around for over 27 years now, I dont see it coming to an end. Things might evolve, but there will be a group of bands holding it down still. There are a lot of hardworking bands coming out right now, I dont see that work ethic disappearing
wow

metalheads need to no just lump scene hopping fags that are into well known ****ty metalcore bands with hardcore

It will be around, probably the same popularity for true hardcore at least. the metalcore/deathcore aspect will either die, or get really big then die by then
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Hardcore will officially rock a boner when bands like "Between the Boner and Me" become mainstream.

Fixed

Seriously though, I'm not trying to say it will die out, I'm just saying what will it become.
PS: Thanks to those who actually gave me some answers instead of
"LELS, HXC SUKS, METAL 4 LYFE!"
without fun
hope you had a good time
Well if things keep going the way they are, there will be lots and lots more metalcore bands that have pop choruses and wayyyy to many breakdowns and there will probably be a war to see who can be the most "br00tal" deathcore band evar.
And then metalcore will fall, while the few good ones survive and keep a good fan base.
All deathcore bands will die or evolve into deathmetal.
And good old hardcore will probably sound the same with the vocals going either way, becoming harsher or more melodic.
they are, i know some pretty ****ing sweet metal kids from umass though. there definetly are a few good ones.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Hammett5

Circlepits started at hardcore shows. Kung-fu dancing is a metalcore thing. Now please take your head from your ass and leave the hardcore forum.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
I think scene hardcore will emerge as a trend, too. Since kids like liekomgthetuck are seeming to discover bands like Verse and Have Heart, they will proceed to start ****ty rip off bands that are way straight edge, have an overage of group yells, and etc.
Quote by aggiefan33
I think scene hardcore will emerge as a trend, too. Since kids like liekomgthetuck are seeming to discover bands like Verse and Have Heart, they will proceed to start ****ty rip off bands that are way straight edge, have an overage of group yells, and etc.

FVCK
I really hope that doesn't happen
EVER. If they genuinely enjoy hardcore, than ok, but chances are most of them will be trend hopping.
without fun
hope you had a good time
i say a kind of Thrashcore genre will emerge.

...ushered in by my new band.....
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Page 1 of 4