Geez I sure hope I got the right thread this time. ANyway. I got a fender american deluxe from 2000, and I want to replace the pickups to hums. Im thinking seymore duncan unless someone argued differently. Should I do a bridge hum and a neck hum with a pickup in the middle or what pattern. ALSO Im getting a floyd rose.. can I put that on my strat or is that just not a good idea.
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
For pickups, you can do HSH if you want, but I personally really don't like it cause the middle pickup gets in the way of my picking which I keep noticing with my SSS set up on mine.

You can put the floyd in your strat, but you'll have to pay someone to route it out for you and then put locking nuts on your neck, which honestly is going to be more of a hassle to do than it's worth and will cost a lot of money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
For pickups, you can do HSH if you want, but I personally really don't like it cause the middle pickup gets in the way of my picking which I keep noticing with my SSS set up on mine.

You can put the floyd in your strat, but you'll have to pay someone to route it out for you and then put locking nuts on your neck, which honestly is going to be more of a hassle to do than it's worth and will cost a lot of money.

haha ok I got someone im not worried bou that.
Quote by Muphin

Hahaha
Sorry for double post....you can get stacked humbuckers that will fit in a single coil slot...I believe the hotrails is one of them.
Quote by Hosscat
Sorry for double post....you can get stacked humbuckers that will fit in a single coil slot...I believe the hotrails is one of them.

Yes, you can, but if you want the true humbucker sound, he's probably better off going with real humbuckers, he'll have more choices.

What kind of styles do you play?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, you can, but if you want the true humbucker sound, he's probably better off going with real humbuckers, he'll have more choices.

What kind of styles do you play?

Indie/Punk/Rock/
Quote by Muphin

Hahaha