So i recently purchased an olympia acoustic bass (based on recommendations by thefitz and others...note: i didn't have enough for a thunderchief).

They place I got it from didn't have any bags or cases in stock. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I can't find anything made specifically by the company and I'm afraid whatever I order won't be big enough or something. Just looking for some general suggestions.
Quote by gunsnroses#1
van halen uses them try running with the devil

read the thread then try again

anyway ts

i know thomann.de stocks them if you are in europe but i can't help for US sorry
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by gunsnroses#1
van halen uses them try running with the devil

What the fuck are you talking about?

Anyway, I was worried about that, since the Thunderchief body style is big and deep, but the gig bag I bought years ago for my very first acoustic bass fits perfectly. If the bass was any bigger, it wouldn't fit. All I bought was a full-scale acoustic bass gig bag. This bag was supposed to come with a bass, but I bought just the bag off of them. The company is called Beaver Creek. Basically, go to a store that sells Beaver Creek acoustic basses, and ask for the gig bag for a full-scale bass. It may look thin at first, but it widens out aftet a while. For hardcases, there's only really the Thunderchief hardcase that you'll have to buy from a Fender dealer for a premium.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
lol, after reading that first post i was like...I didn't make my post to ambiguous did I?

Eh anyways...I know my bass is a 34" scale. Is that full scale? I'm basically limited to ordering online (bad, I know, but there aren't any good stores in town). I've been looking but can't really find any w/ size specifications so I can do some measuring or something xD
Look into Kaces. I have a gig bag from them that I use for my acoustic. It fits pretty good.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Yeah, 34" is full-scale. A lot of acoustic basses have short scale to give them some more low-end girth (but they still insist on small bodies). But anyway, by Beaver Creek gig back fits... perfect. It's amazing how well it fits.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Well, fitz, I'm limited to ordering online and I can't find an online dealer who sells beaver creek gig bags. =/ One day I will move to town with an amazing guitar store. For now I'm stuck in this hick-town.
Last edited by barb3rman at Jan 29, 2008,
The search for an acoustic bass gig bag is much harder than I expected. I have found a few but they never have any specifications (I need to know if it is going to fit the beast!).
That link you sent has all the specs you need.

EDIT: I coulda sworn I saw a link here for an ABG gig bag...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 29, 2008,
xD Haha, so did I...but I realized it was an acoustic guitar bag LOL...I was seeing mirages, like in the desert. I wanted to find an acoustic bass bag so badly, my mind made added the word bass after acoustic.

Anyways I found one that looks promising..on ebay (the only one that listed dimensions)

http://cgi.ebay.com/30mm-Gig-Bag-for-Acoustic-Bass-Guitar-BSA30D_W0QQitemZ220094949447QQcmdZViewItem

Some others I found:

http://www.music123.com/Fender-Deluxe-Acoustic-Bass-Guitar-Gig-Bag-541316-i1172888.Music123

http://www.wwbw.com/Gator-GBE_AC_Bass,___Acoustic_Bass_Gig_Bag-i395349.music?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-Gator-_-Cases(GuitarBassFolk)_BassGuitarCases_GigBags-_-GBE%20AC%20Bass,%20%20%20Acoustic%20Bass%20Gig%20Bag&mr:trackingCode=70B7B8AF-A1CB-DC11-BE2A-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

http://www.zzounds.com/item--WORBSAG20D

Input appreciated. =P
Man, I dunno what to tell you. They all look deep enough, but I have no idea if the body pocket is high enough or not. Your best bet would be to make measurements on the bass and ask the eBay dude.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I emailed the ebay dude. We'll see what he says. Thanks for all the help fitz.