Would it be possible to take a HHH guitar, with three-way toggle, and mod it this way?
1. Replace the middle pup with a humbucker sized P-90, seymour duncan phat cat or something like that, to make it a HSH guitar?
2. Replace the 3-way toggle with 5-way or possibly even 6-way to get more tonal variations?
You might run into some mounting issues, and it might look real weird... but hey, anything's possible...
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Id change the pots to be on/off switches for the pickups, so u have much more than 5 pickup combos.
I dunno, doesn't the new Jimmy Page Black Beauty have some kinda 6-way rotary switch? Or the Epiphone G-400 Custom with the 3 pups...they both have some kinda 5 or 6 way pup control.
If i wanted the conventional strat-style 5-way pickup selector, i'd have to do some cutting right?
^^^ you would, but you could put in a rotary so you wouldn't have to chop your axe up. I think its a good idea, versatility is a great thing to have. Personally I don't see the use of having three hummas but a single coil pup would be really useful.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Siiiick..
Since I am basically a n00b to guitar customization, anyone have any helpful wiring diagrams?