Ok...so i posted in the totally wrong forum last time.... and didnt realize it... ANYWAYS
So i just recently learned what harmonics were....and of course HAD to learn them, i can do them good.... but i want to practice songs that uses harmonics in it, so i know what im workin with here, any good songs you guys know of with harmonics? or any tenchniques for practicing harmonics?
And i have no clue what harmonics im talking about....cause i didnt know theres a difference, but... i shall practice both!!! so any good songs or practices i should do?
Marijuana is not a drug! its simply a plant
yellow ledbetter intro by pearl jam, for basic 12th and 5th fret harmonics.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
heart of gold. harvest moon. most stuff by neil young.

EDIT: hahaha, mis-read the title, sorry. thought it said HARMONICA. my bad.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Last edited by FlamingYouth at Jan 29, 2008,
its called black label society. the guitarist zakk wylde makes seldom use of the pincch harmonic......yea right. he abuses pinhcing worse than a paedo would abuse a 7 year old...
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by rhakiath

Oooooh and a great song! i MUST learn it now.....

And to think im the best guitar player at my school....and i didnt even know the diff. between harmonics!!! there DEFINATLY needs to be more guitar players in cali... but everyones into the "rap" thing.... o.O
Quote by Gee-tar-eist
there DEFINATLY needs to be more guitar players in cali... but everyones into the "rap" thing.... o.O

Are you joking? Cali is swarming with players (it's a huge state too).
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
dude learn blurry by puddle of mud its got alot of harmonics and uses them like a lick, yelloe ledbetter is a great song but it dosent have that many harmonics
Shadows Fall - A Fire In Babylon

the intro is pretty much a pinch harmonic orgy.. awesome song too
Quote by FlamingYouth
Are you joking? Cali is swarming with players (it's a huge state too).

Really? not in my city.... i cant find ANY decent guitarist who is serious about playing guitar... but then again im in the valley....in a small ass city....
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Try Citizen Erased by Muse. There at the beginning, and in a non standard place.

that intro is orgasmic..only problem is you need heavy guage strings for the harmonics to ring clearly

if you're looking for a clean song with a lot of harmonics, i recommend steve vai's 'sisters'. lush.
Well ive downloaded some songs you guys have mentioned and im gonna practice them for a bit, but please keep suggesting more because i WILL come back and i WILL download/learn them!!!!!! Thanks for all of your help! i knew i could count on UG
Quote by rhakiath

There are no harmonics in the intro to Yellow Ledbetter

maybe there is some in the verse though.
yeah there in the verse and outro, anyway i wrote a bunch of different harmonics on here and how to do them but the freakin site said i wasnt logged in so it erased it and im not gonna type it all in again so.....heres the types i know about ----harmonics,pinch harmonics,harp harmonics,tapped harmonics,squealing harmonics, and if you want me to send you some songs or videos of people using these or how to do them, just wrote me on here, but you should definitely check out van halens spanish fly for the tapped harmonics and panteras cemetary gates for the squealing harmonics(near the very end)
Last edited by cool3390 at Jan 30, 2008,
Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Awesome pinches in the main riff and the pre-chorus.
Quote by cool3390
yeah there in the verse and outro, anyway i wrote a bunch of different harmonics on here and how to do them but the freakin site said i wasnt logged in so it erased it and im not gonna type it all in again so.....heres the types i know about ----harmonics,pinch harmonics,harp harmonics,tapped harmonics,squealing harmonics, and if you want me to send you some songs or videos of people using these or how to do them, just wrote me on here, but you should definitely check out van halens spanish fly for the tapped harmonics and panteras cemetary gates for the squealing harmonics(near the very end)

Wow didnt know there was so many kinds of harmonics! but if you could get me some of those videos i would really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone for your help! im going to check those songs out right now!
I think im really getting a hang of it too, been practicing at school even!
aiden - die romantic, aiden - knife blood nightmare - if thats ur kinda thing (pinch harmonics)
|-----| Gear |-----|

Ibanez RG(cnt remember)
Marshall MG30DFX
Line 6 Guitar Port

YOUTUBE PR0NZZ
Check out some Freak Kitchen tabs, or Mattias Eklundh tabs - plenty of harmonics, and very experimental too. I learned harmonics by practicing Freak Kitchen stuff. Pinch, harmonics, and something like the "dimesqueals" but not quite.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Joe Satriani - The mystical potato head goove thing. Its not hard, its just a little more difficult.
Miss Tinkles Overture has a small harmonic part that would be good, especially since it's not the easy, 12th and 7th fret harmonics
Dee, By Ozzy Osbourne's lead guitarist, Randy Rhoads, a tribute to his mother.