Ive always ran my boss ns2 as the last pedal in my chain into my 6505+ head, via the input and output slots. that eliminates any noise from my guitar and pedals ect. but my amp still has a hiss....is it possible to rig it through the effects loop using the send/return slots and eliminate that hum, while still cleaning my guitar sound? or can I only clean up one or the other. i tried to set it up but couldn't get anything to work the way I want it to...someone help me out.

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Last edited by New_Crisis at Jan 29, 2008,
What do you have the dials set at?
Also how far away from the amp are you standing? (if you are standing right next to it the pedal sometimes can't handle it)
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I usually stand like 10 feet away.....the threshold is at 12 o clock and the decay is all the way down...

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
Try turning the threshold up to about 3 or 4 o'clock. Or turn the threshold up all the way and add a bit of decay. It's really just fiddling around with the thing but personally I never have my threshold lower than 3 o'clock.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I've messed with the knobs day in and day out...it still doesn't get rid of the amp hiss.....just the excess noise created by my guitar and pedals ect. I know how to rid myself of the amp noise....it's by running a noise gate through the effects loop. what I'm wondering is if you can actually do that with the ns-2 pedal by use of the send/return jacks, while still haveing the ns-2 at the end of my pedal chain via the input/output jacks

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
Hmm well that I don't know. I've kinda reached my peak on knowledge of this sorry lol. Maybe someone else will know.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
i just got the NS-2 yesterday, and did a rather in-depth breakdown. i have it in my efx loop because i need to tame my pre-amp noise. i have it as the first pedal in my "chain"... consisting of 1 boss dd-3. i'm sure you probably already know that there are effects that belong infront of the amp, and others that work better in the efx loop. i put it before the delay because my delay pedal doesn't generate any noticeable noise, and i don't want its effect tampered with in any way. i had an isp decimator, that i had to sell (don't ask). and i always had it after the delay and it really truncated its repeated signals that it reproduced.

try this method. and just start out with both dials on minimum, then go thru each at a time. and see what they do (cuz i don't really know exactly right now) and then try mixing them.

i've got video, but it was recorded on my little point and shoot digital camera. so i don't think the sound quality will be that great. i'm going to record my test proceedure again, so look for my post in the near future in GG%A forum