I am buying new strings for my lush 12 string and i want a set that will last a while because 12 string guitars are a total bitch to restring and i am wondering if elixir strings are really worth double the price? At the moment i'm opting more for the 7-8 quid daddario or martin sets rather than the 18 quid for the elixirs but if they will last months on end then.....
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
Yes mine were on for 3 months and I didn't even need to change them.

D'Adarrios are great strings though. I believe they sound better, but the Elixirs last so much longer.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Well I've never bought their 12 string strings. But I put them on all of my acoustic guitars, they sound great and last a LONG time.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Depends some have lots of luck with them some dont. If your light on the pick and dont break strings alot then will probably do you very well. They seem to break more than other brands do. But Im pretty hard on strings.
Work great for me. I tried them and switched from my old brand.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
My friend put a set on about a month ago on his Ovation acoustic. They sound beautiful, and they feel amazing too. The bass strings have an almost slick feel from the coating around them. His still sound, feel, and look brand new and it's been a month. If you prefer to keep strings for awhile, definitely go with them.
I used them on my electrics for a year or so (probably 2 string changes on each guitar in this time)

They were good because they sounded the same when I put them on through to when i changed them, but I just prefered the tone of Ernie Balls

Plus the weird coating on them starting coming off... :S
I'm leaning towards getting elixirs. I don't play my 12 string particularly hard and to be honest i think it sounds lovely with the old rusty bronzes it's got on at the moment so i think a set of elixirs might sound excellent. The problem is though, is as hard as i try, i can't justify spending 18 quid on a set of strings.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
i bought a pack of elixirs for my electric, and i didn't have any success... I broke the high e string the first day i put them on (yes it was on right) and 4 days later i broke my 4th string playing seven nation army (when i was noob) haven't tried them on an acoustic yet though, i use d'addarios on my 6 string acoustic. Let me know what strings you have success with though, i have a 1972 12 string, that i haven't restrung once... (strings are rust)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
They're good, but be prepared to have your hand feel like you just jacked off a pack of elephants.
I've played Elixers for about 5 years. No complaints at all. I think they sounds great. Retain their sound for a really long time. I play every day, and I've had mine on for 6 months at a time and sounding great.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
They're always bright sounding, if you want that.

Also, they're good for making a cheap, plywood guitar sound a little less horrible.

Other than those two reason, I would never use them. They have no balls with that coating on them compared to other strings, and I don't like strings to sound twangy and brand new forever.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
They last long time. I usualy wouldn't reccomend them, because I don't exactly love the sound or price, but I'd go with Elixers in your situation.
I don't think Elixirs are worth it on the electric. I played them for awhile and was generally not too impressed by anything.

However, the only strings that I throw on my acoustic and my acoustic 12 string are Elixirs.

The phosphor bronze ones are amazing.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by MrDinkleberry
Well I've never bought their 12 string strings. But I put them on all of my acoustic guitars, they sound great and last a LONG time.

+1111
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Elixirs last long, but sadly feel like they been dipped in grease and sound like.. well not good. This is just my opinion, of course
Member of the Single Coils are for Real Men group
Member of the Lefties Unite Group
IMO the D Adadario EXP are a better sounding string and are similar in price. Even though they are coated they are phosphor bronze and they really sound more like the uncoated strings. I like the fact that can hear the harmonic slide when changing chords, with elixirs you lose that sound. They last just as long as the other to, I'm going on 4 months, and its time to change them, they still look and sound good but they are starting to die off a little.
like tsk tsk said (dude, u know u can never change that, right?) they last a long time, but sound like crap. they do, however, have that greasy feeling, which is good for shredders (who, imo, are just wanking with their guitar, and dont play with any real feeling), but not for real guitarists.
i use DRs, but not for acoustic. for u, i would just go with dadarios.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses